Obama Doesn't Have A Son, But...

This is a discussion on Obama Doesn't Have A Son, But... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; if he did, he might or might not be allowed to play football, hard to say: Obama: Tough call on letting a son play football ...

Thread: Obama Doesn't Have A Son, But...

VIP Member

if he did, he might or might not be allowed to play football, hard to say:
    Obama: Tough call on letting a son play football - Yahoo! News
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I agree with him. My son took some pretty good shots playing A level hockey and HS hockey. The football coach wanted him to play safety. I told him it was up to him and I was secretly happy that he did not play.

I would not prohibit my son from playing or doing anythiing. He is definitly not coddled LOL. As a hockey coach I have seen kids get messed up reall young and also coaches who cared more to get a win than the long term health of the kids.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I agree with him. My son took some pretty good shots playing A level hockey and HS hockey. The football wanted him to play safety. I tild him it was up to him and I was secretly happy that he did not play.

I would not prohibit my son from playing or doing anythiing. He is definitly not coddled LOL. As a hockey coach I have seen kids get messed up reall young and also coaches who cared more to get a win than the long term health of the kids.
    My sons did soccer, baseball and track. Both remain healthy, intact and successful. With the mom I picked out for them, football was never even on the table for discussion.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    My grandson is growing up "rough and tumble" as they say. He's not afraid of getting knocked around. But my daughter has already nixed any ideas of football. Good for her. I think my son-in-law would like him to get into baseball when the time comes.

I have already told the wife that I will NOT be signing a permission slip nor will I allow my son to play football. I feel there is just too much chance to get permanent/serious injuries. I would have to think real hard about hockey too, but he hasn't shown any interest in it. being he is only 9 these issues are a few years out. they way he runs around though, I'm thinking track star.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Quote Originally Posted by StcLurker View Post
    I have already told the wife that I will NOT be signing a permission slip nor will I allow my son to play football. I feel there is just too much chance to get permanent/serious injuries. I would have to think real hard about hockey too, but he hasn't shown any interest in it. being he is only 9 these issues are a few years out. they way he runs around though, I'm thinking track star.
    You are in in MN and he is not playing hockey yet!!!!!!!! Are you an unfit parent LOL.....I understand..been coaching hockey for a long time and watching my son on the ice is tough sometimes.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Sponsored Links