Military Folks:Would you change your MOS.service if you had to do it over again?

This is a discussion on Military Folks:Would you change your MOS.service if you had to do it over again? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; During my 20 years in the Air Force, 17 years were in all-volunteer assignments. I started out as an enlisted admin clerk, then went to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Military Folks:Would you change your MOS.service if you had to do it over again?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    During my 20 years in the Air Force, 17 years were in all-volunteer assignments. I started out as an enlisted admin clerk, then went to Aviation Cadets to become a Navigator. I tended to volunteer for all the more exciting jobs and wouldn't change most of them. I even volunteered for the Viet Nam assignments. Lots of exciting and satisfying jobs and mostly good memories...a few unpleasant memories were outweighed by the good ones.

2. Remove Ads

Airforce security forces, so when I deploy to afghanistan I can get a no shave profile, wear a multi cam baseball cap, and mess up my uniform so I look like a stone cold killer trapped on KAF. No offense ;)
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Mine worked out for the best

Air Force Security Police from 71-75. After coming home from Southeast Asia and getting out I was in Law Enforcement. In uniform for about 7 1/2 years then worked for the County Prosecutor's Office as a Criminal Investigator for two years and then when into Corp Investigations for ten years. The Air Force job helped get my foot in the door. Now work for the KY Dept of Veterans Affairs and get to help the veterans daily.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Nope. When I joined the Corps, all I asked for was a pack and hard times. They kept their end of the bargain.
    aus71383 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Military Folks:Would you change your MOS.service if you had to do it over again?

Watching the f22 fly daily above my head really made me dream of that job :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope...didn't think I'd like it, but was surprising.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I wouldnt change anything except for the girl I met in Guam. I couldnt wait to get back to Conus.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

No, because I wouldn't have met my wife(met her standing in line at a CGI weigh-in within my first two weeks at MCAS Cherry Point) wouldn't have my daughter if I went with a different MOS.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links