What's Your America?

This is a discussion on What's Your America? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ingenuity, determination, dedication, planning, and ideology make tough opponents. oh and an old man who's lived a good life is more dangerous than an angry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What's Your America?

Ingenuity, determination, dedication, planning, and ideology make tough opponents.

oh and an old man who's lived a good life is more dangerous than an angry young man. Just say'in.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

2. Remove Ads

Amen. Well said. Sad to think though, to ponder... the way things are, now, what America would mean a hundred years from now.

Not alone

Hand raised.

"...self respect, independence, self sufficiency, biblical morals, and free of government intrusion..." That looks like a pretty darn good definition of my America. It's a shame that view isn't shared our more liberal minded brethren.

Well said - but don't worry about being the "last generation" - I'm 29, and my wife and I are "good people" and raising our kids right. So there will be a few passing on the traditions.

Austin
    surefire7 and Jeanlouise like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Well we are all fixing to get 11 million new voters instantly before long, and maybe more if the gates are closed slowly.
    The gates will be closed at the same speed that congress cuts spending.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't have "biblical" morals, I just know right from wrong and live by that. These days, if I can pay all my bills at the end of the month it's a good month.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    My America is being free to roam on warm summer evenings as a child, as long as I was home by dark.

My America was running around barefoot and shirtless as a kid, and I could go in the stores that way, because nobody got sued for hurting them-self on someone else's property.

My America was screwing up the courage to fight the school bully, getting my butt beat on a daily basis until he got tired of beating on me, and that was the end of that. No suspensions, no parents got involved, the other kids thought he was a jerk and ostracized him, and they all knew I'd never quit a fight.

My America was my company commander occasionally knocking the daylights out of us, and daring us to report him. Real life engagements are a lot tougher than getting cuff'ed upside the ear.

My America was choosing the most difficult major in college, figuring that it would have the most job opportunity, and best chances of success.

My America was the unwavering respect for our Flag and prayer in our schools.

My America was the inherent belief that facts are a stubborn thing, and that the Truth will eventually prevail.

'Sorry. 'Feeling patriotic/nostalgic today.
    wmhawth, Jeanlouise, OD* and 1 others like this.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! I wish more people would wake up and see what is happening to our country. We are going down a dangerous road and the American people have blinders on.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Well said - but don't worry about being the "last generation" - I'm 29, and my wife and I are "good people" and raising our kids right. So there will be a few passing on the traditions.

Austin
    I'm with you! Don't write off the younger generation. My kids are 32, 30 and 24. They are hard working, good people who have families and conservative values.

There are a LOT of people like that but you don't hear much about them because they are busy working full time, raising their kids, volunteering and doing the best they can every day. No time to Occupy Wall Street or Community Organize.

That generation is the one that will really have challanges because they will have to sort out the mess that the current administration will be leaving them.
    WHEC724 and Rock and Glock like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm with you! Don't write off the younger generation. My kids are 32, 30 and 24. They are hard working, good people who have families and conservative values.

Thank you Jeanlouse. I'm raising my 12-yr old to shoulder his share of the burden, and know that he's there to give and make things better, not take.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links