The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread - Page 2

The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll be watching it. I've been a Saints Fan since they began, and we've had some really lean years. Finally got us a Lombardi trophy ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

I'll be watching it. I've been a Saints Fan since they began, and we've had some really lean years. Finally got us a Lombardi trophy though, so we're proud of our boys. Roger Goodell ruined our season this year with his punishment for "Bountygate" that ended up thrown out, after most of the season was over. Hard to play a team sport without your head coach.

I hate the "strutting" "Look at Me" crap too, even when my team does it too. I bet I holler "Act like you've made a play before" a hundred times a game. :)

I'd like the 49'rs to ruin the dream of the double homicide doer that plays for the Ravens. He should be in prison, and would be if he hadn't been a millionaire able to buy his way out of that jam in Atlanta.

WHO DAT!! Be safe.
    vilecanards likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    Be glad when the whole debacle is over, tired of hearing super this or super that, would rather watch an hour of Barney the Purple Dinosaur than sit through five minutes of some “sports” spectacle.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I hate how they interrupt the commercials with that game.

We watch the Puppy Bowl.

I'm a baseball fan and I'm hoping my NY Yankees can get their act together this year...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

My sons B-day is on the same day and he is a BIG TIME Ravens fan so we will be watching it. But we would watch it no matter who is playing. We are sorta sports nuts. Right now I am going between 2 hockey games and a basket ball game.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Be glad when the whole debacle is over, tired of hearing super this or super that, would rather watch an hour of Barney the Purple Dinosaur than sit through five minutes of some “sports” spectacle.
    I wouldn't go that far. Barney is crack cocaine for kids.
    KBSR and mulle46 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I haven't watched a complete game since the 1987 strike and the 2 year legal hassling that followed. Too many poor little millionaires pouting about not getting enough money kinda turned me off for good.

Sorry football is not my cup o tea. Im waiting for the Daytona 500. I grew up around all kinds of race tracks.

VIP Member
    I'm always amused when some dude starts talking to me about an athlete or team with the assumption that I have a remote clue as to what he's referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    We watch the Puppy Bowl.

I'm a baseball fan and I'm hoping my NY Yankees can get their act together this year...
    Ahhh yes the puppy bowl. The wife and I like watching that to.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I stopped watching pro football when the "struttin'" began. I'll try to catch a few of the commercials, which are always better than the game.
    I agree with you. I wonder if Budweiser will have any new Clydesdale commercials?

I always loved these two.

Our American Legion has a big Super Bowl party. I think we are going...not so much for the game, but for the social get together. I really don't like the half time displays.

BUT I do like the commercials. It is the best part for me. As far as the game....I would rather watch the "Puppy Bowl".
    mano3 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I still have some VHS tapes when my kids were young. Do you want me to send them to you?
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member
    I'll be watching, really don't like the teams in it this year though.

I will say, my gun hobby has really been a full time distraction from what a sports junky I used to be. I feel all the better for it too.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Probably won't watch, unless we go somewhere for the food like last year.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links