The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread - Page 3

The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a bass tournament, fishin is much more fun!...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

I have a bass tournament, fishin is much more fun!
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Are you kiddin'? Ya gotta watch the super bowl, even if you dont like football, the commercials are the attraction. GO BUDWEISER!!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I am 33 years old and have never watched a televised football game, including the super bowl.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Are you kiddin'? Ya gotta watch the super bowl, even if you dont like football, the commercials are the attraction. GO BUDWEISER!!
    YouTube
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'm with ya. I could care less about pro sports, their over payed salaries, or over blown egos.

Now rodeo, now that's some tough dudes. And getting on the back of 1600 lbs of muscle, hooves and horns hell bent on stompin you in the ground, is way tougher than banging pads and helmets with someone your own size.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Like watching paint dry-boring-

I'll find something more productive to occupy my time- probably reloading more ammo
    pfries likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Administrator
    Will I Be Watching The Superbowl? Nah...I never really cared for basketball all that much. <~~~

Oh wait...Sorry...That's football isn't it?
    Spirit51 and bmcgilvray like this.

I am a HUGE Ravens fan but I am deployed and IDK if I will get the opportunity to watch the super bowl....
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Yay sportsball!

Throw the ball!

Run around!

Score some points!

See? I'm a huge sports fan.

I'll be working, and it'll be boring because I work in a "dry" county and everyone will go where the beer is. Myself and another manager drew that shift because we don't care about the game - my boss will be beer guzzling in front of the tv somewhere lol

Football is interesting in person, but the tv doesn't hold my interest. I've only been to one game though, too expensive and traffic sucks. The only ballgames that I ever go to are initiated by my Lab, and I make up the rules ;)
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    2013 Super Bowl - Super Bowl XLVII - NFL.com

Just getting an early start on the subject. Who's like me and is a reformed character who just doesn't really care about the Superbowl and the overdose of hype? I was vaguely aware that it was the 49ers and somebody but had to look it up to find out it was the Ravens.

I was once a rabid Dallas fan. The whole extended family kept up with Dallas from the time they came to town in about 1960 when I was three years old. I remember my dad, grandfather, and uncles watching the games and devoting much time to Cowboys discussion at family gatherings as a small kid. I grew up on it and remained involved as an adult. Talked about it in the office. Went to games. Really enjoyed pro-football as a fun diversion in life.

Then along came the 1982 NFL strike, and a goofy abbreviated season. I didn't believe in their ol' strike and was vexed to be without a season to follow so pouted and ignored them for that season. After that the whole house of cards that was the NFL in my mind came crashing down. I've not been interested since.

I'm getting to spend the Sunday out of town with my 3-year-old and 8-month-old granddaughters. We'll probably do something much more fun like playing house, walking the dog, and watching "My Little Pony" and "Dora, the Explorer." If I had planned to stay home I'd have been sure to be at the range on Sunday afternoon, basking in the solitude and shooting some boring ol' rifle.
    Damn, that means the Yankees didn't make it this year!
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Huh, the Super Bowl is coming up again? Who knew?

I can recall SB #1, and a few notable games since then. (Bart Starr, you were my hero.) Can't recall any of the last 25 of them. There always seems to be something needing to be done ... you know, like counting the leaves on the ficus, picking up bug spray at the hardware store, or replacing the laces on my tennis shoes.
    msgt/ret and bmcgilvray like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I had no idea the SB was coming up. Not a sports guy lol.

Football, schmootball, I hate football! I started calling pro basketball fakesketball because it's a stupid soap opera! I believe the powers that be all get together and decide who's going to win and how it's all gonna go down before the season starts. Like sands through the hourglass... so are the Games of our Lives.
    RKflorida and mano3 like this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Football, schmootball, I hate football! I started calling pro basketball fakesketball because it's a stupid soap opera! I believe the powers that be all get together and decide who's going to win and how it's all gonna go down before the season starts. Like sands through the hourglass... so are the Games of our Lives.
    Watch World Wide Wrestling....for sure that's REAL and not fake.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links