The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread - Page 5

The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I stopped following most sports about 17 years ago. Started law school then, went at night, worked during the day, and studied on weekends. Also ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

VIP Member
    I stopped following most sports about 17 years ago. Started law school then, went at night, worked during the day, and studied on weekends. Also the REAL Cleveland Browns folded then and this confluence of events killed my interest. I never got back into it after law school, and my daughters are not fans of the sport. Seems like I always have something I should be doing instead of parking in front of the TV and watching the games.

Can't fault the fans that watch it though. I do remember the excitement I had when I was a fan.

another "non-sports" person checking in. I have better things to do than watch football (or most any other sport, motorcycle racing is about the only thing I'll watch more than 30 sec of), like scratch my backside.

foolsball, run into each other for about 10 seconds then talk about it for five min....wash and repeat for three stinkin hours. nope, not for me. didn't even know who was playing until I came across this thread....no offense to anyone, but my "give a rats behind" meter still hasn't budged.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

I'll set the Tivo. That way I can fast forward past the boring stuff to get to the commercials.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Not my thing. I don't know who's playing, and it is absolutely impossible for me to care less.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

The burning question: when will the Superbowl be played in March?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Re: The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

Super Bowl, whats that? If it doesn't involve guns, cars or women, I don't really care :)

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

due to low seniority schedule bidding at the beginning of my current job, I lost track the sport because I could only catch a few NFL games a year for about 4 years. now that I have better control of my schedule i watch as much as I can but I no longer follow any specific team or players. and I'll shut it off if it's not a good game where in the past I would watch until they shut the lights off. if I'm home, and it's a good game, I'll watch it. I don't care a tiny bit about half time shows and on Super Bowl Sunday I turn the game on at kickoff. I've got zero time in my life for 6hrs of pregame fluff.

I'm getting to spend the Sunday out of town with my 3-year-old and 8-month-old granddaughters. We'll probably do something much more fun like playing house, walking the dog, and watching "My Little Pony" and "Dora, the Explorer." If I had planned to stay home I'd have been sure to be at the range on Sunday afternoon, basking in the solitude and shooting some boring ol' rifle.
    That, is a great day!

Interesting, but the strikes, short seasons, and prima-donna players cooled me on pretty much all professional sports anymore.

I look at Super Bowl Sunday as a social event. Just like folks go play golf or go to the range. They see friends and have a good time. Some folks coming over my house won't even pay attention to the game..just enjoy company of friends and family. It does not matter if folks think one activity is a waste of time compared to another activity. A good day for me is skydiving with friends. Betcha a lot of you think that is a useless endeavor also LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I'm a football fanatic, so.. steaks, good liquor, and great friends will be had while watching what I hope to be a great game.

As much as I dislike the Ravens, I rather see them win instead of 49'ers winning and tying my Steelers with the most superbowl wins.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    2013 Super Bowl - Super Bowl XLVII - NFL.com

Just getting an early start on the subject. Who's like me and is a reformed character who just doesn't really care about the Superbowl and the overdose of hype? I was vaguely aware that it was the 49ers and somebody but had to look it up to find out it was the Ravens.

I was once a rabid Dallas fan. The whole extended family kept up with Dallas from the time they came to town in about 1960 when I was three years old. I remember my dad, grandfather, and uncles watching the games and devoting much time to Cowboys discussion at family gatherings as a small kid. I grew up on it and remained involved as an adult. Talked about it in the office. Went to games. Really enjoyed pro-football as a fun diversion in life.

Then along came the 1982 NFL strike, and a goofy abbreviated season. I didn't believe in their ol' strike and was vexed to be without a season to follow so pouted and ignored them for that season. After that the whole house of cards that was the NFL in my mind came crashing down. I've not been interested since.

I'm getting to spend the Sunday out of town with my 3-year-old and 8-month-old granddaughters. We'll probably do something much more fun like playing house, walking the dog, and watching "My Little Pony" and "Dora, the Explorer." If I had planned to stay home I'd have been sure to be at the range on Sunday afternoon, basking in the solitude and shooting some boring ol' rifle.
    You were a Dallas Cowboy fan.....no wonder you lost interest in football!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    AMC is airing a "Walking Dead" marathon tomorrow starting at 3:00. Can't wait!
    sauerpuss likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Re: The "Not-Watching-the-Superbowl" Thread

I too, will not participate in the presidential exploitation of children, in all effort to rid America of the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

When it comes to "team sports" my "give-a-damn" is on the "permanently disabled" list. I do not like sports, nor have I ever cared for them. Super Bowl? *yaaaaaaawn* who? what? where? why? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Scott
    msgt/ret likes this.

My way of thinking is "IT IS TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME" could not care less
    who wins or loses.

Links