Top ten reasons: For Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on Top ten reasons: For Piers Morgan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Top 10 reasons Piers Morgan should support American citizens possession of "assault weapons" and Extended capacity magazines 10: Because "An armed man is a citizen, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Top ten reasons: For Piers Morgan

Top 10 reasons Piers Morgan should support American citizens possession of "assault weapons" and Extended capacity magazines

10: Because "An armed man is a citizen, and an unarmed man is a subject." Surely Piers, if anyone knows it's true, you do ...

9: Because, although Admiral Yamamoto of the Japanese navy in WWII never said "You cannot invade the mainland United States because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass." It should always be true. And those guns should be able to engage the enemy as well as the enemy's weapons might engage us.

8: Because, should our government ever become as corrupt as those in Tunisia, Egypt, Syria and Libya; our citizens should never be reduced to using social media with pictures of atrocities, genocides, murder and mayhem perpetrated by the government, hoping for the sympathy of the world's policemen.

7: Because, if we are to remain the super power we are and also be the world's policeman, with troops deployed in 150 countries around the world, we must never be vulnerable at home. Ordinary citizens may be the last line of defense, just as they are in Switzerland, and somebody has to be able to defend the homeland ... (and remember this one for later, Piers.)

6: Because 15 year old boys should always be able to protect their homes and their 13 year old sisters when home invaders kick in doors ... with their daddy's ARI5, and after shooting the invader several times with the evil assault weapon ... the perpetrator was able to get to his car and drive off.

5: Because when our police forces act as cowardly as British Bobbies during the London riots of 2011 just like our own Los Angeles police force did during the Rodney King riots of1992.. It is armed citizens, like those in Koreatown, with assault rifles; who are able to keep the looters, murderers, and arsonists at bay for nearly 24 hours, until the National guard forces finally show up to actually enforce the law.

4: Because, as looters were given free rein in New Orleans, Louisiana (after Katrina) while the police, in fear of the looters, did nothing; the police chief ordered his force and National guard troops to disarm the law abiding citizens of that city, and parts of the county .. .It must never happen again.

3: Because of ranchers like Mr Ladd of Arizona, who himself has seen over half a million illegal aliens CAUGHT on his property alone, coming from/through Mexico ... And he knows that Border Patrol agents have not all been beyond corruption, and that many many aliens have been let through the border while heads were turned. And he knows of aliens of 35 different nationalities that have been caught, nationalities which are considered to be a danger to the security of the United States ... and those are only the ones that have been caught.

2: Piers, this is the real number one reason that the people of this country should not be restricted from having what you and the rest of the anti-gun crowd mistakenly call "assault weapons" and extended magazines for those arms if they wish. But, in deference to your nationality, I've moved it to number two... It's really quite simple:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And finally, Piers, the NUMBER ONE REASON ordinary American citizens should be allowed to have assault weapons, and extended mags capable of holding more than 10 rounds; is for this if for no other. ..

1: Should England's Prime Minister ever again "make a clear appeal to the United States ... " for arms and ammunition as Churchill did in his "fight on the beaches" speech of June 4th 1940; and should the Civilian Committee for Protection of Homes in Birmingham, UK ever again ask the American Committee for Defense of British Homes for pistols, revolvers, shotguns, and binoculars ...

You might want to again count on the private American Citizens in the United States of America to take pity on you poor sods, and ship guns to you just as we did in 1941 in answer to an advertisement in The American Rifleman... the publication of the National Rifle Association.

Because after Dunkirk, there was some genuine concern whether the Brits would be able to defend their homeland should the Nazi's come across the channel.

<edited> to fix some typos. and add the copy of the picture of the advertisement in American Rifleman.

Feel free to disseminate this via email, etc... I have citations and proofs of everything in it... I already sent it to Piers...
    Last edited by oakchas; January 30th, 2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: more of the above correctons for readability
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I did not know the American people shipped guns to England. Great.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    I did not know the American people shipped guns to England. Great.
    About 7000 actually, from private citizens... It's quite a story really... and as a result of that speech and requests from Churchill the US Gov't also sent cases and cases of M1's if I'm not mistaken...

As to the relatively small amount of firearms that were sent by private citizens, remember it was shortly after we started recovering from the depression... I'm certain many folks needed their rifles to put food on the table still...

And, one of the arms sent was a target rifle which was used by an American (IIRC) who won an Olympic Medal in marksmanship at the games in England... Of all the guns sent by citizens, that is the only one that was returned. It's now in a museum.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This is great! Did you come up with all of those? If so, awesome job lol.

BTW Like many of us, I cannot stand Piers Morgan. It's one thing to have a political opinion, but he is smug, arrogant POS.

Custom Kydex holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.
    www.armatuscarry.com
    www.Facebook.com/armatuscarry
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    About 7000 actually, from private citizens... It's quite a story really... and as a result of that speech and requests from Churchill the US Gov't also sent cases and cases of M1's if I'm not mistaken...

As to the relatively small amount of firearms that were sent by private citizens, remember it was shortly after we started recovering from the depression... I'm certain many folks needed their rifles to put food on the table still...

And, one of the arms sent was a target rifle which was used by an American (IIRC) who won an Olympic Medal in marksmanship at the games in England... Of all the guns sent by citizens, that is the only one that was returned. It's now in a museum.
    Correct. The hypocrisy of the UK looking down their nose at our gun ownership is galling.

I have a few good friends across the pond. Each of them are quite envious of our current (and threatened) liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by ACS_Matt View Post
    This is great! Did you come up with all of those? If so, awesome job lol.

BTW Like many of us, I cannot stand Piers Morgan. It's one thing to have a political opinion, but he is smug, arrogant POS.

Custom Kydex holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.
    Armatus Carry Solutions - Concealed Carry Solutions for Law Enforcement Professionals and Armed Citizens.
    www.Facebook.com/armatuscarry
    Yeah, I put them all together... I started rather softball with the old saw about "subjects"... But every one of them has been thoroughly researched, I have links to the pertinent news stories and the historical documents that prove every contention...

Piers needs to shut his mouth.
    Jeanlouise and mano3 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    piers morgan manure.jpg
    OD*, MACC12, atctimmy and 2 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Great post!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Fantastic post!
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Yeah, I put them all together... I started rather softball with the old saw about "subjects"... But every one of them has been thoroughly researched, I have links to the pertinent news stories and the historical documents that prove every contention...

Piers needs to shut his mouth.
    Good job!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Dude, I wish I could somehow pipe you some warm weather and sunshine from Florida about now...with a frosty beer and a fist bump to go with it. If I could like your post a thousand times, I would. Outstanding. You put a LOT of thought into that and put it together very nicely.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

And I tip my hat to you my fellow patriot.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Number ten -- Morgan is a subject and he was brought up as one and most people in England love their country.

Number nine is not true......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

oakchas, did someone widdle on yer waffles today?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Great points! Man I just wish piers would skip back across the pond
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links