Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On: - Page 2

Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On:

This is a discussion on Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by lchamp Then the doctor/lawyer/judge who decided he was no longer a threat should be held responsible for that decision. Then the crazies ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On:

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Then the doctor/lawyer/judge who decided he was no longer a threat should be held responsible for that decision. Then the crazies would not be walking the street after the first offense.
    I think it was WORSE. Unless I've got it wrong he was just given a wrist-slap for the OTHER time he shot at a child and others in a car - don't think it ever
    occurred to powers-that-be that he was disturbed. Awful! Anyone would know enough to have this guy checked. But to let him walk away! I hope to God this boy survives.

And I hope if so his parents make a big, fat lawsuit out of this for all the suffering their child and they have been put through by the negligence of these others.
    These "authorities" should be fired and then prosecuted themselves for Criminal Negligence!
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Twice shooting at a vehicle is twice attempted murder. Beating a dog to death with a pipe shows me all I need to know about this guy. I pray for the child.
    You are, unfortunately, very right. This guy is a killer - with a child as prisoner. It is the worst of dangers.

God help this boy....

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I just want to make a point about everyone faulting the judge, prosecuter, and shrink (if involved). Is there anything saying that he was not examined? If he was examined and deemed "no threat to himself or others" then we are now plaing monday QB. How many times on this forum have we said we don't want shrinks to get involved because it is not an exact medical science? But wait....now it is the shrinks fault if he there was one.

What did the prosecuter want? How is the proscecuter at fault? Does anyone have any more information on this case? The prosecuter can't keep the dude in jail.

The Judge? Did he follow protocol and use what is considered normal handling of this case? We do have "guilty until proven innocent" in this country right? What was the bail set at? Did he order guns taken from the BG and order him to stay away from firearms? Suppose the BG did not comply and give up all his guns and he kept one?

The lawyer? How in the world is he at fault? For doing his job in this sick system of ours?

Too many unknonws, too many folks here willing to assign blame to people who may or may not have been doing their jobs properly. Funny thing is I just saw an old Adam 12 episode where the BG got off of a drug charge because the officers did not obtain the evidence properly. The judge was ticked that he had to let him go, the defense attorney thought the BG should be put in jail but he was doing his job to get the dude off according to our laws, and the prosecuter was ticked becasue there was nothing more he could do.

Do I think that some judges and lawyers and DA's are screwed up? Sure. These folks? I don't know..not enough info. I do know our system sucks but it is to protect over zealous DA's, judges, and shrinks from putting folks behind bars that are truly innocent. I know a guy that was arrested for a DUI and he ended up being locked up for a mandatory 72 hour observation because he freaked out in the cell. (it was not the booze) He had severe claustraphobia and told the LEO's and shrinks but they would not beleive him.

Of course this guy is a nutcase...but was he a nutcase when he was in front of the judge? Was there a reason for him be under observation?

Rant over.....BTW: I hope they shoot the ******* and the kid is OK.
    Well, can only speak for myself: forget the insanity part, it is the fact that for shooting at people in a car he was let go: period. On top of that is the corollary:
    he was not guilty of a serious crime. If shooting at living people isn't a serious crime than what is? The insanity thing is added: he was free having attempted to shoot people AND he may well have been insane, meaning he's knowingly released without an attempt to determine if this will happen again. And it has.
    This is not adequate prosecutorial or judicial performance in my book. It's asking for it - and now a little kid "has it".

I appreciate your willingness to look at both sides - but in this case I can't see anything but a lack of professional standards here, and I feel passing the line into negligence.

You are very right about one thing: getting angry at others will not help the boy though. Fate and prayer may - and the good
    judgement of those at the scene (God help them too).
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Well, can only speak for myself: forget the insanity part, it is the fact that for shooting at people in a car he was let go: period. On top of that is the corollary:
    he was not guilty of a serious crime. If shooting at living people isn't a serious crime than what is? The insanity thing is added: he was free having attempted to shoot people AND he may well have been insane, meaning he's knowingly released without an attempt to determine if this will happen again. And it has.
    This is not adequate prosecutorial or judicial performance in my book. It's asking for it - and now a little kid "has it".

I appreciate your willingness to look at both sides - but in this case I can't see anything but a lack of professional standards here, and I feel passing the line into negligence.
    Oh, I am not looking at both sides (that is I think the guy is a loon). But...the crime he had a court date for was a misdemeanor. The system sucks.
    detective likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Oh, I am not looking at both sides (that is I think the guy is a loon). But...the crime he had a court date for was a misdemeanor. The system sucks.
    I think we can all agree with that...

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I will also add that this situation illustrates a double standard in that if it had been a judge, or LEO that had had his car fired on I would bet my last dollar that the charges would have been more commensurate with the crime; that is to say, a felony.

As well, it is just this type of failure of Justice that leads to vigilantism.

Unless I completely read the article wrong the folks he shot at filed a complaint and for some insane reason shooting twice at unarmed human beings fleeing in truck trying to get way he was charged with malicious threatening. Malicious Threatening???
    If he waved the gun at them or pointed it maybe ok. But the dude fire not one but two shots at unarmed non criminals fleeing from him over a rut in a dirt speed bump for petes sakes. Go out and try that on the next car that stops and see if you arent arrested for attempted murder. Dude should have been locked up until trial.
    detective and phreddy like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Actually, had they both been armed, both adults exiting the car and executing a pincer movement on the attacker would have both drawn fire away from the child and likely as not sent him fleeing with his tail between his legs; perhaps even cleaned up the gene pool. Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to run away if I can. Look what that got us.

Agree if even one had been and drilled this dude that poor child wouldnt be in a hole in ground with him now.
    detective likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Unless I completely read the article wrong the folks he shot at filed a complaint and for some insane reason shooting twice at unarmed human beings fleeing in truck trying to get way he was charged with malicious threatening. Malicious Threatening???
    If he waved the gun at them or pointed it maybe ok. But the dude fire not one but two shots at unarmed non criminals fleeing from him over a rut in a dirt speed bump for petes sakes. Go out and try that on the next car that stops and see if you arent arrested for attempted murder. Dude should have been locked up until trial.
    Wow, this place sounds like a killers paradise. No wonder the guy walked out and did it again - meaning: now - with the child-hostage.

Neighbor Has Been In Bunker: Video Based on His Description:

If you've not seen: also have a listen too to a description of the killer's behavior: on the two stories immediately following the bunker-tape: (just let it run on after the first story on the bunker. You'll see three inter-connected stories. Last one the worst in my view, about the dog).

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I was thinking that the police must have some type of listening device that could hear an ant fart. When they know he is asleep from his heart beat, send a small robot with camera and gun down the tube.

Maybe I am too much into science fiction, but they do have robots they send down sewer lines all the time. fasten a .45 to the camera,,,,, Let the Perp wake up in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I was thinking that the police must have some type of listening device that could hear an ant fart. When they know he is asleep from his heart beat, send a small robot with camera and gun down the tube.

Maybe I am too much into science fiction, but they do have robots they send down sewer lines all the time. fasten a .45 to the camera,,,,, Let the Perp wake up in hell.
    Like the rest of us I think you and I are doing our best to think how we could save this child. And all sorts of things come to mind. I dont know the contruction of this bunker but im betting its either concrete walls or block. Firing a weapon and missing may very well bounce the bullet all over the place in that hole killing the child. Not knocking your idea down its a desperate situation that I imagine everyone there has tried to come up with something then reconsidered.

Like it or not a lot of how this ends is going to depend on the perp himself. Hes allowed medicine in for the child. Crayons coloring books letting him watch tv etc. Time may either help or hurt this childs chances. The longer this goes the guy may actually start to like the child. Making it harder for him to kill him. Or it could go the other way and the more tired he gets the more off his rocker he may get.

Just on what I can see and read on this short of drugging both of their food if any is asked for to knock them both out since drugging one meal might go to the wrong person, I dont see a way for LE to get at this guy before he can kill this child short of flash bang and instant entry and that is a long shot.
    oneshot and detective like this.

VIP Member
    This is a very traumatic thing for the little boy and his family.

If it were my son, I think I would have flown to China, and dug a hole to the bottom of the dudes bunker, and killed him with a rusty spoon.

This is rural Alabama right?

I am suprised after this idiots dangerous displays of deadlyness toward all things neighborly, the neighbors didn't take him night fishing with a boat with a hole in it; while his legs were somehow mysteriously wrapped around the anchor rope; in 350 feet of water; with his hands and mouth super glued to a canvas bag, but thats just me thinking off the top of my hat.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member

^^^^^^^You are correct,^^^

The judge and the prosecuting attorney are culpable for the negligence, for his initial crime should have been attempted murder, first degree, and he would have never left the courthouse, most likely.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links