Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On: - Page 3

Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On:

This is a discussion on Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oneshot This is a very traumatic thing for the little boy and his family. If it were my son, I think I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hostage: 6 yr Old: Long Time This Has Been Going On:

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This is a very traumatic thing for the little boy and his family.

If it were my son, I think I would have flown to China, and dug a hole to the bottom of the dudes bunker, and killed him with a rusty spoon.

This is rural Alabama right?

I am suprised after this idiots dangerous displays of deadlyness toward all things neighborly, the neighbors didn't take him night fishing with a boat with a hole in it; while his legs were somehow mysteriously wrapped around the anchor rope; in 350 feet of water; with his hands and mouth super glued to a canvas bag, but thats just me thinking off the top of my hat.
    Well, you're not subtle, that's for sure. This guy is going to prison no matter what happens. If he touches this kid - he'll be mincemeat before he's served 6 months. He oughta think about that too. Doubt he's operating with much thought though...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I was thinking that the police must have some type of listening device that could hear an ant fart. When they know he is asleep from his heart beat, send a small robot with camera and gun down the tube.

Maybe I am too much into science fiction, but they do have robots they send down sewer lines all the time. fasten a .45 to the camera,,,,, Let the Perp wake up in hell.
    I thought of one too: flood the bunker with CO2 - sucks all the oxygen out - they use it for industrial fires to flood an enclosed area. Have a team standing boy to smash open doorway (if there is one) to haul the boy out super-quick with oxygen waiting.

I bet, though, the FBI and local and state guys have thought of anything we can and scores more.

And with the FBI there and all the technical resources it can have - I bet nothing has been thought to be safe enough for that boy that they can implement. If the video rendering of the bunker is at all like it really is, it's brick and small. Not ideal to isolate the boy from damage and death in an attack of any kind. So, they use what's left: psychology, time and mental fatigue as the guy listens to hours a day (this from reports) of reason from experts in hostage-crises. I'm glad they tried nothing rash and hero-like at the start of this if it's not safe for the child.

It's the 4th day. The guy must be getting exhausted and sooner or later food will run out. Then is their bast chance to enter in some way or use gas, whatever.

In the end though the authorities can but influence possible good outcomes. They can't control a crazy person's crazy mind. So, the boy, them and us are ultimately in the hands of God and Fate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After-Thought:

That bus-driver is a real hero - he gave his life to try and save his children. Just a job we say of driving a bus. Well, he knew his ultimate duty and saw it to his end. He is a supreme model of self-sacrifice - like the teachers in Newtown, Conn., the common heroes, the common America these people. Worth more - and more true to our country's principles - than all the rich bankers and coward-politicians rolled into one.

It amazes me we can have such good and noble, common-place fellow-Americans, while we let the idiots and selfish run our lives...
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Ive thought and thought on this since last nite. Gas or anything doesnt either render this clown instantly unable to do anything or put him to sleep like a drug so that he thinks either hes just going to sleep or like when having surgery you just are awake and then you arent and he doesnt really get whats happening to him he will likely react by killing the child before he goes down.

I suppose if they get really desperate when they pass meds for the child thru the pipe if the BG is the one getting them on the other end they might try hitting him with a tazer IF they can get thru the entrance instantly. But that would horribly risky since tasers while good arent 100 percent everytime.

Without being able to drug the guy without him knowing it only option IF they can get in fast enough would be a couple of flash bangs tossed and enter before he can recover. Likely hurt the child also but at some point something has to give.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Ive thought and thought on this since last nite. Gas or anything doesnt either render this clown instantly unable to do anything or put him to sleep like a drug so that he thinks either hes just going to sleep or like when having surgery you just are awake and then you arent and he doesnt really get whats happening to him he will likely react by killing the child before he goes down.

I suppose if they get really desperate when they pass meds for the child thru the pipe if the BG is the one getting them on the other end they might try hitting him with a tazer IF they can get thru the entrance instantly. But that would horribly risky since tasers while good arent 100 percent everytime.

Without being able to drug the guy without him knowing it only option IF they can get in fast enough would be a couple of flash bangs tossed and enter before he can recover. Likely hurt the child also but at some point something has to give.
    Admirable of you and many others trying to figure an answer - but, again, the FBI and agencies they work with know things to try we never heard of - and none can be safe for the boy or long ago they would have been used. Even my idea of CO2 is too dicey, sometimes with a LOT of CO2 poisoning an oxygen mask is not enough and person has to be put in pressure chamber full of pure oxygen to forcibly replace the CO2 in his tissues with oxygen. Too unsafe for the boy using CO2.

The one idea I have left: get some Navy Seals down there, if anyone can figure an entry solution it's those guys. They likely won't be able to either. In that case, accede to all the guys demands, give in: if he wants all the cops gone, withdraw them. ANYTHING that will get him outside with the boy. But leave 3 Navy Seal Expert Snipers, well hidden, in shooting distance. The instant the guy is out of that Bunker, three head-shots with other hidden personnel to race in and whip the boy outta there with some others to deal with the gun-man.

Aside from this, I too am at a loss. Time to trust in judgement of authorities at the scene and pray for all involved. We can do nothing.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's over! LEOs broke into the bunker and killed the gunman, saved the child. Negotiations had broken down and LEOs felt child was at risk.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links