Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour...

This is a discussion on Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I honestly believe, and this is not a joke, that every "progressive liberal" needs a serious punch in the mouth. Now don't get mad at ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour...

VIP Member
    I honestly believe, and this is not a joke, that every "progressive liberal" needs a serious punch in the mouth. Now don't get mad at me, I'm not just being mean.

I truly think it would help bring them back to the real world. The real world, where actions have consequences and where things CAN hurt even if you like to pretend that they can't.

I wish we could sign every one of them up for a "this is reality" class at a MMA gym. I think it would be a real eye opener.
    WHEC724, OD*, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    every "progressive liberal" needs a serious punch in the mouth. <snip> I think it would be a real eye opener.
    Or, at the very least, a lip opener.

I honestly believe, and this is not a joke, that every "progressive liberal" needs a serious punch in the mouth. Now don't get mad at me, I'm not just being mean.

I truly think it would help bring them back to the real world. The real world, where actions have consequences and where things CAN hurt even if you like to pretend that they can't.

I wish we could sign every one of them up for a "this is reality" class at a MMA gym. I think it would be a real eye opener.
    This would be good. Or do a Scare Tactics type thing, but instead of aliens, you're being kidnapped at knifepoint or your home broken into. Which could very well happen anyway, to remind them the world can be a dangerous place, and it's not all about feel good policies and singing songs of love while checking our ObamaPhones.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

How about people line Bill O'Reilly?

OD*
    What is truly unfortunate is, they vote.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    What is truly unfortunate is, they vote.
    That is one of the main reasons we are in all of these messes!
    Last edited by DontTreadOnI; January 31st, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    mano3 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I took a quick peek over there and just couldn't stomach it.

Checked out two gun threads and closed the tab.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Pretty mind boggling the way some of these people think. And not surprisingly, about one-in-five of their threads are related to gun control.

If you can stomach it, I recommend lurking there for a little bit. It's insane to watch them post the same stories we do, yet from such a different perspective that I will never understand.
    Havenít been there yet but I do on occasion peruse the brady and vpc sites, a know thine enemy exercise.
    shooterX likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I went on after this thread was started, was about what I expected.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Family is something you cannot choose when it comes to conservative and liberal, but at least mine is 99 and 44 one hundredths pro gun/staunchly 2nd Amendment.

My kids ended up being mostly gun owning and shooting of the follwoing ilk:
    one navy boy, two marines, my daughter who wanted hi-cap magazines before they were so cool, and then....well, there is my uber liberal pot smoking Utopian believing gun grabber hippie who truly thinks gun control will work. He and I have had some epic FB flame wars, where he gives his one line epithets like a good lib, and I give him paragraphs on why he is wrong.

He took exception on me calling him "Boy" in one exchange. I posted back, "Well, last I heard, I WAS your father, so me calling you boy is not anything racist, inappropriate or wrong. He still melted down saying I was being condescending because I felt I was older and wiser....I told him...GUILTY AS CHARGED!.... BOY!

I did ask one of my Marines if I should send the liberal his birthday card this month with an announcement that I donated what $$$ I might have inserted in the card to the NRA......The Jar Head said he liked that idea ;)

But I will play nice and give him his birthday $$$ anyway, and if he wants to donate it to Feinstein or some such, I will just write it off as a loss, because in the end, it is the Libs that are the vindictive ones :)

And four outta five ain't bad....
    JoJoGunn and Jeanlouise like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Just skimmed through a few of the threads. I now really appreciate the profanity filter on this site.
    accessbob and TheConcealer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Just skimmed through a few of the threads. I now really appreciate the profanity filter on this site.
    Why do they always get so mean, hateful and start cursing when you try to debate with them?

Just got into a Facebook debate with a gun hater - went south quickly...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member

Sorta like putting them into a "Scared Straight" program? I like it.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Why do they always get so mean, hateful and start cursing when you try to debate with them?
    Because on one level they know they are wrong but they can't acknowledge that or it would expose the lie they like to believe and that would be too painful to admit. So, they revert to animal actions of fight to win when attacked regardless of who is right.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I actually wouldn't mind reading through more of the threads on there but their forum setup gives me a headache. I can't follow the conversation and it's really cluttered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links