Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour... - Page 3

Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour...

This is a discussion on Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't believe it's possible to reason with the majority of these folk. They project their own instabilities and ineptitude onto the rest of society. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Was Lurking On DemocraticUnderground for About An Hour...

I don't believe it's possible to reason with the majority of these folk.

They project their own instabilities and ineptitude onto the rest of society. Since they can't handle the responsibility that comes with firearms ownership, they don't believe anyone else can.

There ya have it. Projection and arrogance. Take it to the bank.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Why do they always get so mean, hateful and start cursing when you try to debate with them?

Just got into a Facebook debate with a gun hater - went south quickly...
    I don't know but it always happens. It's some strange mind-set. Usually they are very condescending and then start the name calling...usually "ignorant" and "redneck" are thrown in for good measure.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Why do they always get so mean, hateful and start cursing when you try to debate with them?

Just got into a Facebook debate with a gun hater - went south quickly...
    Their brains are wired differently. They can't handle their emotions, which is why they don't own guns. They know how they would handle things if they did. The issue is they assume everyone else experiences and handles their emotions the same way they do.

If you're an emotional and violent hot head and you intentionally do not own a gun because you know you couldn't handle it responsibly and you believe in your heart that everyone else is the same way, then that's your basis for thinking everyone else shouldn't have a gun.
    Last edited by BugDude; January 31st, 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: correction
    RickyD, Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Don't see why not..... I have pretty much disowned a sister, haven't had contact with her in about 3 years and don't care to ever again.
    I don't hold back on my views on FB everything from 2nd Amendment to Ollegals flowing across the Border,I got some kind of message about 3 friends have unfriended you click here to find out who...I never wanted to find out but I know that one of them was a girl that wanted to date me about 7 years ago,I told her that she wasn't my type...I was right,and some friends I know moved back to MD and apparently their friends friended me and now I don't see any of their posts anymore...like I said I couldn't care less
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Don't see why not..... I have pretty much disowned a sister, haven't had contact with her in about 3 years and don't care to ever again.
    I am in the same boat, and it makes me feel sad sometimes that my sister and I are on such bad terms. However, knowing her, her personality, and her stance, along with her false claims (and democratic stance), it is far better that we have gone separate ways. My parents are upset about it, and say "she is family"... I have grown up and have my own family now. The bible say's Honor your mother and father, it does not say I need to honor my sister.

Last time I literally have stuff thrown at me, because I mentioned I would take my nephew shooting sometime, not a situation I want to revisit.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I don't do Facebook. If I haven't e-mailed or called someone in years, there's probably a good reason. Too many new people to meet in this world to waste time messing with ones I know that aren't worth a phone call or e-mail.
    OD* and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Their brains are wired differently. They can't handle their emotions, which is why they don't own guns. They know how they would handle things if they did. The issue is they assume everyone else experiences and handles their emotions the same way they do.
    If you're an emotional and violent hot head and you intentionally do not own a gun because you know you couldn't handle it responsibly and you believe in your heart that everyone else is the same way, then that's your basis for thinking everyone else can't handle it either.
    I completely agree with you! I've thought that many times myself . They project their failures onto others.
    BugDude and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

It's a sad reality of basic human behavior. This is just the way some people are. They can't fathom any different perspective.

Ok, so I looked at the forum...

... for about 30 seconds. Didn't even read more than a few posts. The structure is terrible. Someone needs to tell them it's not the early 90's any more, as much as they would like it to be I'm sure.

Also the language of what I did read sounded like a 5 year old that has just found out about swear words.
    BugDude and atctimmy like this.

Liberals "can be perfected"

What it takes is leaving the safety of the politically correct world they have wrapped themselves in and finding out on equal terms (a concept they purport to espouse but actually don't even know how to begin to believe in) things aren't as easy they are in school or in a video game. However, when you have your first taste of real success, meaning you failed a couple few times but then knocked it out of the park/crushed the competition, baby, there ain't no feelin' on GGE like that, not from love, or drugs or anything earthly.

After that, it's easy.

Oh, and by the way....

I am invincible!!!! I cannot be unfriended!!!

Because so far, I've resisted all temptation to join FB, LinkedIn and such. Yay!

Cheers....carry on....

We have better emoticons. Bwahahahahaha....................

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

As for "Liberals can be perfected"

It can happen, but usually takes a major life event. I had a co-worker that was a dyed in the wool liberal and I liked her very much. She knew me and the other guys at work went shooting and hunting and seemed to think "that's ok for you, but I'd never touch a gun." Fair enough, from a live and let live standpoint.

One day, she comes in my office and shuts the door. Obviously very distrought. She said, "You've got to take me and my daughter shopping for a gun and teach us how to use it. NOW!!!" She told me how the night before a man with two long knives hopped up on drugs tried to break into her daughter's appartment, etc. She said, "She was on her own. She could have been killed. The Police came after it was over and they didn't do ANYTHING. We've got to protect ourselves!!!"

I said, "Welcome to the real world. This is the first day of the rest of your life...with the rose colored glasses off. We're going shooting tomorrow. Here's my cell. Yall can ride with me."

To this day, I have a picture of her holding a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Magnum that's about the size of her arm. Her and her daughter are now 2A believers...still liberals, but with guns and an appreciation for the right to have them.
    atctimmy, msgt/ret and wraithls1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    As for "Liberals can be perfected"

It can happen, but usually takes a major life event. I had a co-worker that was a dyed in the wool liberal and I liked her very much. She knew me and the other guys at work went shooting and hunting and seemed to think "that's ok for you, but I'd never touch a gun." Fair enough, from a live and let live standpoint.

One day, she comes in my office and shuts the door. Obviously very distrought. She said, "You've got to take me and my daughter shopping for a gun and teach us how to use it. NOW!!!" She told me how the night before a man with two long knives hopped up on drugs tried to break into her daughter's appartment, etc. She said, "She was on her own. She could have been killed. The Police came after it was over and they didn't do ANYTHING. We've got to protect ourselves!!!"

I said, "Welcome to the real world. This is the first day of the rest of your life...with the rose colored glasses off. We're going shooting tomorrow. Here's my cell. Yall can ride with me."

To this day, I have a picture of her holding a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Magnum that's about the size of her arm. Her and her daughter are now 2A believers...still liberals, but with guns and an appreciation for the right to have them.
    Bang! Just like a punch in the mouth. Welcome to the real world ladies.
    BugDude, Alex_C and msgt/ret like this.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

It's not that they are projecting their failings. I am convinced that most of them really would kill someone over a trivial matter if they were armed and they think you will too....
    BugDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Bang! Just like a punch in the mouth. Welcome to the real world ladies.
    I'd like to give you some knuckle tape and airdrop you into a DNP convention. You're all about the mouth-punching...
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links