Conspiracy Theory Thread

This is a discussion on Conspiracy Theory Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; About 40 soccewr players have died since 2000 List of association footballers who died while playing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Conspiracy Theory Thread

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Don't you mean Conspiracy theories are very complex explanations of very simple issues by people who may or may not be simple minded?
    Nope, I mean that conspiracy theories are very simple explanations of very complex issues for what are certainly simple minded people.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The Iranians did it.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

"Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Moderator
    Here is one for the wearers of tin hats...

For all of you highly educated types that dont beleive that conspiracys occur, you can call these random events "coincidence".

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Well the all died, but it is hardly under mysterious circumstances since the perpetrator of the Kyle
    shooting has been caught. The only questions are if he was trying to make a name for himself, had a personal grudge,
    did a random act of violence, or worked for someone in Afghanistan. The last option might be a real conspiracy.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Here is one for the wearers of tin hats...

For all of you highly educated types that dont beleive that conspiracys occur, you can call these random events "coincidence".

I believe everyone understands that there are numerous conspiracies within many different doctrines .... but that does not mean everything that happens everyday is a conspiracy as some seem to think...I'll give you just one example: The moon landing...Our land rover used there can still be seen using the W. M. Keck Observatory on the Island of Mauna Kea in Hawaii..but is was all a hollywood staged performance right!!!!
    Hopyard and atctimmy like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Senior Moderator
    Our land rover used there can still be seen using the W. M. Keck Observatory on the Island of Mauna Kea in Hawaii..but is was all a hollywood staged performance right!!!!
    Really? I'd like to see that. That would be cool.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I checked this morning and I was still alive.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Please folks, no conspiracy theory threads here; I deal with these kind of people at work.

You wouldn't believe the stuff we get asked about UFOs, mind control, cloud spraying, etc...
    pgrass101 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Administrator
    That is true. Compare the circumstances of their deaths.

How many were shot in the head? How many were stabbed to death? How many were drowned? How many died in plane crashes? How many died from a bomb being planted near their cars? How many were run over with a car while jogging? How many were discovered dead with their heads bashed in? How many died in fatal car crashes?

I am not saying that anything IS fishy only that you could make a plausible possible argument that something was. And so a conspiracy theory is born.

BTW - This is NOT my personal conspiracy theory but, is only one of many floating around on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    or worked for someone in Afghanistan. The last option might be a real conspiracy.
    i was thinking about this... I'm not sure that it would be the case, but if it is, I doubt he'll talk... but who knows.

On an unrelated point...

Anyone who has seen the movie "Conspiracy Theory" should know that no good can come from telling other people about suspected conspiracies, because if you hit on a real one, "they" come after you.
    Hopyard and wdbailey like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

OK...how long will it be for folks to come up with a conspiracy theory about the lights going out at the Super Bowl? Possibly Obama is a 49'ers fan and ordered it to slow down the momentum of the Ravens????
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    OK...how long will it be for folks to come up with a conspiracy theory about the lights going out at the Super Bowl? Possibly Obama is a 49'ers fan and ordered it to slow down the momentum of the Ravens????
    Just the power company reminding us all who has "the power."

Or, Murphy at work.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Yeah, I just assumed that the right folks in the NOLA "movers and shakers" didn't get their payoff, and wanted to show who held the (literal) power in that town.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links