That was one exciting Super Bowl!!!

This is a discussion on That was one exciting Super Bowl!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I really enjoyed the halftime show...about as close to heaven as you can get without being fined by the FCC........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: That was one exciting Super Bowl!!!

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the halftime show...about as close to heaven as you can get without being fined by the FCC.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

No one mentioned the blown no call penalty during the 2nd half kickoff return? That said, 49ers dug too big of a hole and then got too conservative at the end, with 1st and goal at the 7. Up the gut run and 3 pass plays? SMH.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What Super Bowl?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    What Super Bowl?
    I had one once that would hold almost five cups of Captain Crunch. Those were the days...
    OldVet likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    From a production point it was a real loser. The power went out, a microphone picked up the MVP quarter back dropping an "F" bomb, and very poor calls on the field. Officials lost control very chippy game. No really great commercials.

I did however enjoy the half time show. It was great and I don't even like her music.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Ahh... The half time show was a little lewd IMHO. Musical entertainment need not include pelvic hip-thrusts while wearing a negligee.

I had to send my 12 year old son up to bed, and then got a suspicious look from Mrs. Whec later when she walked through the room.

Anyone think how they would feel being in the Dome if ALL of the lights would've gone out? Mass hysteria (aside from what is usually happening at a Super Bowl)?

VIP Member
    How many of us were thinking 'terrorist attack' when the lights first went out, the camera froze and the announcer's microphones were dead too?
    packinnova likes this.

Not me...didn't fit a terrorist attack. If they went through the effort of being able to disrupt the lighting they would hve been coordinated to do more damage such as the actual attack (gun fire, whatever). I think it might have scared folks that didn't think it through quickly.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

So...do we call it the Blackout Bowl now? I still think it would have been interesting to see them continue play with half the lights out.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Yeah, any game where a team comes back from 21 points and the fate of the game is decided with less than two minutes left is a real yawner....I do agree about the commercials.
    If it had really gotten close--the lights would have gone out again. Did you know sticking a pin in a voodoo light bulb really works?
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Ahh... The half time show was a little lewd IMHO. Musical entertainment need not include pelvic hip-thrusts while wearing a negligee.

I had to send my 12 year old son up to bed, and then got a suspicious look from Mrs. Whec later when she walked through the room.
    Too be fair it was announce way ahead of time that Beyonce was performing and that was a Beyonce performance. At least she did not have an "equipment malfunction".
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Too be fair it was announce way ahead of time that Beyonce was performing and that was a Beyonce performance. At least she did not have an "equipment malfunction".
    LOL. Yuh. I naively assumed that she was a singer, not a stripper.

Hope this guy is better at selling furniture than making bets:
    Jacoby Jones won a lot of Baltimoreans some free furniture with his kickoff return for a TD | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Gardiners Furniture of Baltimore offered a promotion to any customer who purchased furniture this past weekend: If a Raven returned a kick for a touchdown to start the game or the second half, boom: free furniture!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links