They Vote....

This is a discussion on They Vote.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To me it's a question of reality. When someone goes this far to perpetuate a juvenile princess infatuation it tells me that she is not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: They Vote....

VIP Member
    To me it's a question of reality. When someone goes this far to perpetuate a juvenile princess infatuation it tells me that she is not in touch with the real world.

6 year olds go to Disney to be a princess, not grown ups.

Do I have a problem with Disney? No, like a previous poster said they roll out the red carpet for newlyweds. Great! Have fun, enjoy life. BUT don't pretend to be something you're not. My guess is that this couple will have big trouble when the real world smacks them in the face.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    To me it's a question of reality. When someone goes this far to perpetuate a juvenile princess infatuation it tells me that she is not in touch with reality.

6 year olds go to Disney to be a princess, not grown ups.
    All wedding's are fairy tales for women...sorry if that was sexist.
    oakchas likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    All wedding's are fairy tales for women...sorry if that was sexist.
    True, but are you tracking with me at all?

I guess it's just another part of what I hate about life in 2013 America, adults acting like children because they have never needed to grow up. America has been so prosperous that nobody knows what getting your hands dirty means anymore (to some extent, myself included).
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

True, but are you tracking with me at all?

I guess it's just another part of what I hate about life in 2013 America, adults acting like children because they have never needed to grow up. America has been so prosperous that nobody knows what getting your hands dirty means anymore (to some extent, myself included).
    I am tracking with you. I just saw two folks having a good time. I try not to psycho analayze what goes on for every event. My wife and I celebrated out 2oth anniversary reciting our vows on a tandem jump. Then we did 20 jumps (10 each) that day to celebrate our anniversary..not a wedding but most folks think that is juvenile and stupid.

I always thought that when folks re enlisted in the military that it was dumb to do it in a helicopter, plane, or some other fashion than an office setting. But heck, it is their moment. The moment is for them to remember.

I wear fluffy bear feet slippers when I walk to the mailbox.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    With the divorce rate as it is, I wish them a lifetime of wedded bliss. I used to photograph weddings, and I've seen couples in traditional attire that I knew wouldn't make it past the first year, because they were fighting before and after the ceremony. One bride kept pouting, "Can I walk now? Now?" and made like she was tripping all over her big hoop dress down the aisle. She snorted and huffed and rolled her eyes and put down the groom on front of the whole church.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Ok, so let me get this straight... You all are up in arms because two people spent their own money (not government cheese) on doing something they both wanted to, they stimulated the economy the way we all have complained about how it should be stimulated, they had a lot of fun doing it, and you all are bent out of shape?

Seriously?

Come on people, they did not juggle cats at the wedding or anything...

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am tracking with you. I just saw two folks having a good time. I try not to psycho analayze what goes on for every event. My wife and I celebrated out 2oth anniversary reciting our vows on a tandem jump. Then we did 20 jumps (10 each) that day to celebrate our anniversary..not a wedding but most folks think that is juvenile and stupid.

I always thought that when folks re enlisted in the military that it was dumb to do it in a helicopter, plane, or some other fashion than an office setting. But heck, it is their moment. The moment is for them to remember.

I wear fluffy bear feet slippers when I walk to the mailbox.
    I hear ya. Maybe I'm just grumpy today. I think it's the fantasy thing that is bugging me.

Bear slipper pics or they are not real!

At least it wasn't Wal-Mart

I hear ya. Maybe I'm just grumpy today. I think it's the fantasy thing that is bugging me.

Bear slipper pics or they are not real!
    photo.JPG
    WHEC724 and atctimmy like this.

Yeah, whatever. Some people just want attention, even to the point of freaky. I bet their soon-to-be d-i-v-o-r-c-e will be as colourful.

However, we have a place here in my home town called Mack & Daves. A comedian once quipped, "I love that place, they sell shotguns AND diamond rings. That is all you all will need for a wedding in West Virginia."

Yes, Timmy, it can be worse.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links