Incredible!

This is a discussion on Incredible! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Y'all are gonna love this. Mrs Pockets hates the cold, so she started her shower running so it would warm up. Mrs Pockets also loves ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Incredible!

Incredible!

Y'all are gonna love this.

Mrs Pockets hates the cold, so she started her shower running so it would warm up. Mrs Pockets also loves her cats, so when one of the cats jumped up on the bathroom counter, my wife turned the cold water on slowly so the cat could get running water to drink.

Now that the groundwork has been laid:

The telephone rang. The call was for Mrs Pockets; a friend calling from St Louis. Can you see what's coming?

45 minutes later, my wife hangs up, goes in the bathroom, where the bathroom sink is overflowing because the cat knocked the stopper into the sink. During her telephone conversation, the shower continued to warm up, and, Yes, here it comes. Mrs Pockets discovers the water is COLD. She had exhausted the 40 gallon water heater while she was on the telephone.

I have to admit it; I loved it! An inch of cold water on the bathroom floor, and a cold shower to look forward to when she finished mopping the bathroom.

Things are NEVER dull in the Pockets household!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

2. Remove Ads

Nice!!! Wifes seem to know everything and do no wrong. I know mine does. Thanks for the story I got a good chuckle out of that one.

VIP Member
    Well, that's not too bad. A few months ago I flushed the upstairs toilet, and a couple minutes later I heard a waterfall downstairs. I went downstairs, and water was pouring out my ceiling fan and onto the kitchen table. Lovely.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Sounds like my wife and my Mother-in-Law. The only difference is that my wife knows that when her mother calls and say's she just has a few minutes to chat, an hour will pass before the phone is hung up. When I asked what she had to say, my wife stops, thinks, and say's "Nothing".
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I think the lesson here is, you can either have a wife or a cat, but not both.
    BugDude, Tzadik and CanuckQue like this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

At my house, it's MY cat. My cat came home with a broken leg years ago. I was headed out of town on a business trip so my wife had to take her to the emergency vet (on a holiday). She called me and told me the deal and how much it would be. I said, "Do it." She freaked. She said, "Why in the [insert explative here] would you ever spend that kind of money on a stupid cat?" And I replied, "Because it's the only living thing in the house that demonstrates it appreciates me, that's why." She said, "What's that supposed to mean?" and I replied, "If you come home with a broken leg, I hope you can find a ride to the Vets office and have your check book with you." Again, she freaked. I said, "Let me ask you this. If I locked you and the cat in the trunk of my car for an hour, when I opened it up, which one of you would be glad to see me?" She hung up on me.

I still have the cat to this day (10 years later) and she sleeps cuddled up next to me in the bed every night. Can't say the same for my old lady.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    So hard....
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Y'all are gonna love this.

Mrs Pockets hates the cold, so she started her shower running so it would warm up. Mrs Pockets also loves her cats, so when one of the cats jumped up on the bathroom counter, my wife turned the cold water on slowly so the cat could get running water to drink.

Now that the groundwork has been laid:

The telephone rang. The call was for Mrs Pockets; a friend calling from St Louis. Can you see what's coming?

45 minutes later, my wife hangs up, goes in the bathroom, where the bathroom sink is overflowing because the cat knocked the stopper into the sink. During her telephone conversation, the shower continued to warm up, and, Yes, here it comes. Mrs Pockets discovers the water is COLD. She had exhausted the 40 gallon water heater while she was on the telephone.

I have to admit it; I loved it! An inch of cold water on the bathroom floor, and a cold shower to look forward to when she finished mopping the bathroom.

Things are NEVER dull in the Pockets household!
    Is she a blonde??
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Is she a blonde??
    Hair is white as snow. The only woman I have met that can actually burn soup, regularly!

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I assume she doesn't check this message board...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

The coup de grace would be for her to somehow figure a way that it was your fault.

The story was funny, but also kinda sad. What a waste of water! Am I the only one that remembers the song from Sesame Street titled "Don't waste water"?
    Last edited by Harvester; February 6th, 2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Because I can!!
    Molon Labe

You obviously need to have your water banned or at the very least, restricted to just a few gallons!

Or you might want to invest in a black, high-capacity Assault Sink so that none of that precious liquid escapes and threatens your household.

Just some "thoughts" for you!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    That is funny

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I assume she doesn't check this message board...
    Very good assumption!

- Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links