Laptop/Messenger Bag-5.11, Hazard 4 or Maxpedition??

This is a discussion on Laptop/Messenger Bag-5.11, Hazard 4 or Maxpedition?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to three option but I want to see if anyone has any personal experience with any of these ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Laptop/Messenger Bag-5.11, Hazard 4 or Maxpedition??

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to three option but I want to see if anyone has any personal experience with any of these before I make a purchase.
    I just got a promotion at work and will now need to carry a laptop(15.4") and a leather binder with me daily as well as various forms and paperwork.
    Some other stuff I'll be carrying include a safety vest, pens, 3D Maglite, small Streamlight, metal clipboard and various small thing like an Advil bottle as such.
    Here are the three I'm torn on...

Hazard 4 Ditch/MOD
    Amazon.com: Hazard 4 Ditch Laptop Soft Briefcase/Go Bag with Molle, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Maxpedition Operator Tactical Attaché
    Amazon.com: Maxpedition Operator Tactical Attache, Black: Sports & Outdoors

5.11 Rush Delivery Messenger Bag
    Amazon.com: 5.11 Rush Delivery Messenger Bag: Sports & Outdoors

Each one has it's own pros and cons in my opinion. I'm just looking to see if you've ever used one of these.
    If you know of a similar, cheaper alternative that would fit the bill let me know.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Administrator
    For what you want to carry I would go with the MAXPEDITION. You are probably going to end up wanting to pack more assorted stuff than you think that you might need right now - and the MAX is just great to compartmentalize and organize everything as well as some items that you may not want inside with your laptop.
    I bought that exact same attache for my Brother (same bag but, not in black) and he loves it. He is in Hospital Admin and food service.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Think Geek has a messenger style bag called the "Bag of Holding" It's about 60 bucks and I can stuff my 15" laptop, a leatherette folio, pens, pencils, highlighters, and other assorted pocket fillers. Doesn't look bad either.

ThinkGeek :: Find Stuff

The one I have is the one in the upper left, but I see they have added some.

Congrats on the Promo!
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge65 View Post
    Congrats on the Promo!
    Thanks sarge!

Thanks for y'all's input!
    I ended up ordering the Hazard 4 model.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    If any Maxpedition piece fits your needs, I would go with it. They are a little more $$ but the quality is unequaled. I learned the hard way.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Sponsored Links