Holy Smokes! Bruce Willis gets it.

This is a discussion on Holy Smokes! Bruce Willis gets it. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bruce Willis against new gun control laws, says there's no link between Hollywood violence and real violence | Fox News Hmmm. I can't believe it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Holy Smokes! Bruce Willis gets it.

VIP Member

Bruce Willis against new gun control laws, says there's no link between Hollywood violence and real violence | Fox News

Hmmm. I can't believe it. A fairly successful actor in Hollyweird that actually had a moment of rational thought...

I think I'll run out and buy a lottery ticket today!
    phreddy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Maybe Ill see his movie then,but not Stallones
    TX expat and oneshot like this.

Very well said. Its amazing that people don't think like that.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

"We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."

Any of these movies ring a bell, Bruce?: "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", "Psycho", "Carrie", "Nuts", "Requiem For a Dream", "The Shining", "Secret Window", "A Beautiful Mind", "Falling Down", "12 Monkeys", "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", "Silence of the Lambs", "Misery", "Inception"?

Just sayin'.
    msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

ya i don't know what he meant about that. Maybe he meant, REAL life movies about the shooters maybe? Cuz when you think about it, there haven't been main stream movies about any of these mass killings.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    "We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."

Any of these movies ring a bell, Bruce?: "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", "Nuts", "Requiem For a Dream", "The Shining", "Secret Window", "A Beautiful Mind", "Falling Down", "12 Monkeys", "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", "Silence of the Lambs","Misery", "Inception"?

Just sayin'.
    "An Inconvenient Truth", "Bowling for Columbine", "Fahrenheit 9/11", "Sicko", "The Road We’ve Traveled"...

Oh wait! Sorry, you said about people that have gone nuts. I thought you said by people that have gone nuts!

NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    ya i don't know what he meant about that. Maybe he meant, REAL life movies about the shooters maybe? Cuz when you think about it, there haven't been main stream movies about any of these mass killings.
    Fair enough, it just struck me as funny. There's a movie with Uma Thurman called "The Life Before Her Eyes" that revolves around a school shooting, but that's the only one I can think of, and it wasn't a hit (despite being good, just as an aside).
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Even though he supports my viewpoint, he is still only an actor. His function in society is to entertain. His opinions have no effect on mine. Remember the lesson of Gary "flip-flop" Bussey. He spoke out strongly against a helmet law in California, then fell over making a U-turn and spoke out for one. Actors should be seen and heard only in plays and movies.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."
    This is a great quote. He really does get it. Good job Bruce!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Glad he gets it. His station in life is irrelevant other than that he (hopefully) votes. I support those I agree with and like as vehemently as those I withdraw my support from and oppose.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Not trying to derail the thread but the movie Rampage is all about a spree killer going on a shooting rampage. The movie is decent and has an ending that though not great is better than expected.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Yes, he gets it.... and he said so on Fox news... well, nobody watches Faux News...

But, that is an honest man... He may not be correct in all his statements... but he's honest. He says he doesn't know... how to fix what's wrong... he ain't tellin' everbody they just gotta get rid of them evil weapons... And He's right about disintegrating the bill of rights... where does it end?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The first three posters use avatars of movie characters who use guns and violence. Humm. Gotta think about that.
    RubenZ likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    thats a start bruce now practice what you believe in (Maybe like say Clint or uncle Ted ). I personally think these people will say anything to sell a movie ticket.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    thats a start bruce now practice what you believe in (Maybe like say Clint or uncle Ted ). I personally think these people will say anything to sell a movie ticket.
    You are probably right, but I would buy a ticket to Bruce before I would Sly. I think Bruce is a better actor than Sly, by a long shot. I wonder if that is why he has more realistic views?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links