Anti Gun commercial on CNN

This is a discussion on Anti Gun commercial on CNN within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; as i was surfing the channels i saw this on CNN. i am just wondering did u guys see it or is it just focused ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By pir8fan
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 2 Post By cn262

Thread: Anti Gun commercial on CNN

as i was surfing the channels i saw this on CNN. i am just wondering did u guys see it or is it just focused on targeting people in Kentucky.

GunOwnersForReform.com - "Rodney" - YouTube

VIP Member
    Haven't seen it here in WV but then I never watch CNN, so that's probably why.
    l1a1 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Who would waste time watching the Communist News Network? Do you read Pravda too? By the way, Pravda translates as "the truth". The same type of "truth" one gets on CNN.
    OD* likes this.

If it was targeted here it was a big waste of time

If you notice he kept mentioning Mitch McConnell. There is a small but dedicated and vocal attempt to unseat him in the next election. I dont think this is as much about guns as it is to try to get rid of Mitch. Attacking guns in Ky is the wrong way to go about that though.
    Poseidon likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Have not seen this one where I live either, and I'm probably about 10 miles away from Kentucky so I hear a bit about their politics.

Where did they get this "guy?" Probably some left wing nut case actor who couldn't even spell "military" let alone ever be in it. I'd be very suspicious of his "service." I also noticed he was holding a child. Will the Leftists stop at nothing to push the agenda of disaming the American public?

Obviously not. I hate it when they capitalize upon so-called "military" men and use a child to say that all guns are bad and we don't need them anymore.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    This, like the few other anti commercials I have seen aired, is profoundly un-moving.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    CNN is nothing but a full time anti gun commercial.
    Poseidon likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

(Sarcasm on)Wow… after seeing that commercial, I am moved to sell off everything I have except a black powder muzzle loader and a sling shot. After all, it is about the children! I might even go adopt a kitten while I am at it too.(Sarcasm off)

In all seriousness, I think that one of the more successful parts of the anti-gun campaign is making a good part of the population believe that anything without a wooden stock and this semiautomatic is an assault weapon. I would be interested to see how many people who are anti-gun actually understand the difference between semiautomatic and full rock and roll automatic is.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    Who would waste time watching the Communist News Network? Do you read Pravda too? By the way, Pravda translates as "the truth". The same type of "truth" one gets on CNN.
    At least Pravda has some pro-gun content (and no Piers Morgan) - Americans never give up your guns - English pravda.ru
    pir8fan and Poseidon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post

"I don't always choose to read communist propaganda, but when I do, I prefer Xinhua."

It's aimed specifically at people in Kentucky. The spokesman leads with the statement that he is a veteran from Kentucky and directs his attack at Senator McConnell. Some believe that the senator is vulnerable in 2014 and at least one well known actress is supposedly vying for his seat. It would be interesting to trace the money back and see exactly who funded this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yea he is a trained marksman. The AF has a weapons qualification program conducted in three phases and in the last phase they shoot 100 rounds to qualify.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links