Good grief!!

Good grief!!

This is a discussion on Good grief!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nothing like identifying your target... Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Good grief!!

Good grief!!

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

That story leaves a lot to be desired. I appreciate the heightened sense of urgency with an ex cop hunting cops, but this story almost brushes over the facts as to how these women were shot. Were they delivering papers, with the suspect of the manhunt? Lot more to this story I'm thinking. Hope they get the badguy soon.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Wow,disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    That story leaves a lot to be desired. I appreciate the heightened sense of urgency with an ex cop hunting cops, but this story almost brushes over the facts as to how these women were shot. Were they delivering papers, with the suspect of the manhunt? Lot more to this story I'm thinking. Hope they get the badguy soon.
    The way I read it (and it was hard to read) was that the women were delivering newspapers in a pickup similar to the suspect's vehicle. Torrance detectives assigned to a protective detail for a police official named in the suspect's manifesto spotted the vehicle and opened fire. My interpretation could be wrong. The story wasn't very well written.

Here's a link to a different story about the same incidents..

http://www.marinij.com/ci_22540556/l...ex-cop-manhunt
    Last edited by Gene83; February 7th, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added link
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    There is a lot more behind this developing story. The LAPD is on a massive manhunt for an ex-officer who has declared war on them, and has so far killed one officer, shot two more, and killed the daughter and fiance of someone involved in the case leading to his dismissal from the department. I will post a few relevant articles, but I'm sure someone will start a new thread soon:

Ex-cop suspected in shooting of 3 police officers, O.C. couple - latimes.com

The Scariest Parts of the Chris Dorner Manifesto That Warned of LAPD Killings - Yahoo! News

Christopher Dorner's Manifesto, In Full [Content Graphic and Disturbing]: LAist
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    The way I read it (and it was hard to read) was that the women were delivering newspapers in a pickup similar to the suspect's vehicle. Torrance detectives assigned to a protective detail for a police official named in the suspect's manifesto spotted the vehicle and opened fire. My interpretation could be wrong. The story wasn't very well written.

Here's a link to a different story about the same incidents..

LA police shoot innocent people in ex-cop manhunt - Marin Independent Journal
    Yep.....it was blue and a pick-up. Must be him. The fact that his vehicle is a Nissan, which the vehicle the women were driving is another make shouldn't cloud the issue.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Where do they find these guys? I really want to know. They deserve prison time.
    Poseidon likes this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    I don't know what these women looked like but the ex cop they're looking for is a HUGE black guy. Seems that it would be hard to confuse.
    KBSR, Olduser and thephanatik like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Where do they find these guys? I really want to know. They deserve prison time.
    WHAT? You think these officers deserve prison time for making a mistake? I'm guessing your name (bomb thrower) is appropriate. Geesh!
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Just read this nut job's manifesto. He's beyond help I'm afraid. Read it if you have an hour to spend on it. Lots of ways he could have settled this without taking the lives of innocents. He's just a murderer now.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

So, now to my point. Cops are human. They get that adrenaline pump in stressful situations also. They make mistakes. So, you're involved in a shooting situation. The cops respond and you're a guy holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    So, now to my point. Cops are human. They get that adrenaline pump in stressful situations also. They make mistakes. So, you're involved in a shooting situation. The cops respond and you're a guy holding a gun.
    I'm gonna make sure I'm not within 100 yards of a blue pickup
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Just read this nut job's manifesto. He's beyond help I'm afraid. Read it if you have an hour to spend on it. Lots of ways he could have settled this without taking the lives of innocents. He's just a murderer now.

^^^^It would seem to me^^^^^^^^^^^^

From the outside looking in, that his superior officers could have done the noble/correct thing and followed the PROPER protocol, and punished the original offending officers, instead of railroading him (Dorner), with that leading to his ultimate dismisal.
    They screwed the pooch, and he is now calling them out on it.
    I am NOT condoning his actions, but desparate people do desparate things.
    Now they are going to have to deal with Rambo.

He probably has 3 different vehicles at his disposal, and is hiding out in remote Nevada till the heat boils down, and then he will strike again.
    Hopefully this will be a heads up to all departments with a longstanding track record of operating this way, to start doing things the RIGHT WAY!
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Hearing some more on this today. It seems as if this guy has been a powder keg for years and still have grievences dating back to his childhood. He's off the deep end. IF he was dismissed unfairly, surely there's a way to work something out that doesn't involve the murder of innocent people who had nothing to do with your dismissal.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links