50 year old generic white guy-rethinking pot - Page 5

50 year old generic white guy-rethinking pot

This is a discussion on 50 year old generic white guy-rethinking pot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 I believe that if old Mary Jane was legalized, the amount of marijuana partakers would drop steeply within 3-5 years. It ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 50 year old generic white guy-rethinking pot

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    I believe that if old Mary Jane was legalized, the amount of marijuana partakers would drop steeply within 3-5 years. It just wouldn't be cool! Coming from a whole family of alcoholics I can say from my experience that Alchohol destroys your life faster than pot ever could.
    ^^^ This ^^^

I've personally witnessed too many families destroyed for many generations due to alcohol. It's terrible when you see the worst of the worst and how it can take hold of a person so completely. I rarely ever drink anymore, and if I do it is very limited in amount. That wasn't always the case years ago. It hurts too much when you get old. Just not worth it...and nothing good really coming from it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    What time should I drop by and help you with that?
    Too late.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by olhippy View Post
    Last time I treid it I went to sleep. This was back in early 90`s. Heck, I can go to sleep anytime and about anywhere. Why risk job loss, arrest record or some other problem for something that puts me to sleep. Now, a cold beer on the other hand-----
    --- could also risk job loss, arrest record, or some other problem(s).
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    A New Zealand coroner has clarified that the cause of one mother’s death had to do with her drinking at least 10 liters of Coca-Cola per day, BBC News reported.

Natasha Harris went into cardiac arrest in February 2010 and died at the age of 30.

At the time of her death, a pathologist found Harris had hypokalemia, or a lack of potassium in the blood.

Harris’ family said she was addicted to the soda, and if she didn’t get her fix, she would go into withdrawal, including shaking.

Eventually, her teeth had to be removed because the sugar caused decay.

At least one of Harris’ eight children was born without enamel on his or her teeth, because of the mother’s addiction.

The excessive consumption of Coca-Cola caused cardiac........................................... ...........................

Read more: Woman died from drinking 10 liters of Coke a day, coroner says | Fox News

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I had to think a while about the subject of legal marijuana. I don't like pot, but I do like freedom... There is a problem.

The problem is that other freedoms should be restored before pot is legalized. The justice system should be fixed before pot is legalized. Federal tax should be a flat rate for everybody before pot is legalized. Many American principles must be re-instituted before we should consider legalizing pot.

Sometimes things have to be done in a certain order. Like the entry sequence for Apollo 13. If we legalize pot now, in the name of freedom, we'll add to the many problems we already have with the current decline of the country. There are already numerous incentives to be a lazy deadbeat who rides on the backs of others... Do we really need to encourage more people to collect welfare, unemployment, food stamps, free health care, etc?

Pot should remain illegal until American citizens are required to provide for their own food, shelter, healthcare, etc. If you want to smoke dope, then you darn well better not be asking me to subsidize your lifestyle.
    BelaOkmyx and Jeanlouise like this.

One thing most of the mass shooters had in common was marijuana. I say this as a person who has smoked plenty of it a long time ago, and used harder (?) drugs too: it is a lot more powerful than the user realizes, and it can fill a user with psychotic thoughts. When we have a bad thought, we know it's a bad thought and we reject it, but a chronic marijuana user loses that aversion to evil and the idea of shooting up a place might not be so sickening anymore. I would consider pot a disqualification for firearms.

Also what stanislaskasava said, marijuana users get addicted and become unemployable, and once an addict loses his income he has only two ways to survive: welfare and crime. Both are at the expense of the non-drug users. California is learning this the hard way, when they legalized the so-called medical marijuana, every loser in America hopped on a bus to California and turned the areas around these dispensaries into slums. I was just there last week and walked by one. People along the street begging for marijuana, selling it, using it. I realize it's cool to be for legalization but the drug is what it is and it's destructive, more so than pop culture is willing to admit.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links