Judge flips out at bail hearing - Page 3

Judge flips out at bail hearing

This is a discussion on Judge flips out at bail hearing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise I'm trying to stay positive here. BTW, how much are you asking for the bridge? Willingness to buy it demonstrates your ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Judge flips out at bail hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm trying to stay positive here.

BTW, how much are you asking for the bridge?
    Willingness to buy it demonstrates your positivity is genuine regarding that waste of space and her ability to rehabilitate. I will sell it for the cost of a bottle of Ripple and cheap champagne... Just like Fred Sanford, I want some champipple....

Why can't Lindsey Lohan get a judge like this guy?

tacman makes a great point about the courtroom being the judges domain and a place where the 1st amendment and expressing your self is not guaranteed. I get very frustrated with discussions on prisoners rights. Once you break the law (I am not talking traffic infractions) you no longer have rights like the rest of society. You have a right to a small cell, enough food to provide sustenance (menu allowing for medical or religious requirements but prepared as inexpensively as possible) and the right to be told what to do by prison officials. You have the right to spend more time in prison if these rights are not good enough for you. If you can't do the time do not do the crime.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Maybe he increased her bail because she was so flippant and uncaring he thought that she wouldn't respect the terms of the bail either.

I thought he showed a lot of restraint. You just can't have people being disrespectful in the court like that. As ppk said, he set a precedence in the court room and probably won't have much trouble (for awhile anyway).

If you saw the video clip of him talking to her after she apologized, he was very kind and understanding. I wish more judges were like him.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Don't skip steps here LOL. She did not just "follow up" with it. She was called back and told her bail was raised then she flipped out. Look, not saying she isn't a brat but IMO the judge took it as afffront to him...not the court. I would like to think a judge would be calm and deliberate. Besides...somebody explain to me why he raised the bail when she said adios. How in the world that make her more of a flight risk?

Anyway, that is my take on it.

i don't know how things work in texas. but i know how things go down here. that judge, that skank and myself are hispanic. so i'm very familiar with the attitude, mannerisms, innuendos etc. by smiling and saying "adios" the way she did, and with that dumb f*&king smile on her face he knew exactly what she meant. "i just got off with no jail time and $500 bail!! haha i have that in my pillow case! thanks a$$hole, adios!!". had that been in her fathers house, some furniture would be moving around if you catch my drift.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Maybe he increased her bail because she was so flippant and uncaring he thought that she wouldn't respect the terms of the bail either.
    If pressed, that will be his justification.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Not that he needs to justify how he keeps control of his court. I think he was very reasonable. What good would come of letting her get away with that behavior?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    If pressed by whom? The press, the ACLU, public opinion? He did not violate one rule of criminal procedure. The matter of bail is set by the judge determined by the nature of the crime and/or a predetermined min/max amount. The prosecutor or defense attorney can argue one way or the other but it is up to him for the final outcome. He cannot be threatened or intimidated with civil or criminal repercussions because a judge is immune from civil liability. He is pretty much allowed to do what he wants in his courtroom. He can forbid police officers from carrying a firearm in his courtroom, he can seize a cellphone that rings during court, he can find anyone in contempt for pretty much any reason, talking, laughing, chewing gum period including suspects, defendants, attorney's and police officers.

Everyday people moan, ***** and complain how the judges and courts are to easy on crime and that there is revolving door justice. Now this guy takes a little asinine female who does not give a damn about the court, her crime or anything else and makes an example of her not to mock his court and now he is to tough, does not understand criminal proceedings, violated her 1st Amendment rights. Yeah ok.

Some folks need to lean one way or the other on that fence they are sitting on.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My leanings are not conflicting.... Throw someone in jail for an actual crime, not calling the judge a name.

Wasting a month of someone's life for being called a name is not right, period.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    My leanings are not conflicting.... Throw someone in jail for an actual crime, not calling the judge a name.

Simple way to avoid that...don't be rude to the judge that you're going before because you've already done something stupid.

Maybe she'll learn some personal responsibility and accountability for her actions.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post

That girl has problems running far deeper than wasting amonth in jail.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Simple way to avoid that...don't be rude to the judge that you're going before because you've already done something stupid.

Maybe she'll learn some personal responsibility and accountability for her actions.

I 100% agree with the first sentence.

There is a greater likelihood of being allowed to drop f-bombs without infraction on DC than for her to learn a lesson.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I see a child who needs to have her ears boxed a few times. She has zero respect for authority, and obviosly no remorse for committing a crime. The fact she found it was funny alone is a good reason to slap her dumb A** in jail, but to blatanly disrespect an appointer representative of the judicial sytem is total crap. I would have given her six months, and sentenced her to 500 hrs community service cleaning up dog poo at the humane society. This is perfect example of what plagues our society, and one of the reasons I carry.
    hek1620 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Don't skip steps here LOL. She did not just "follow up" with it. She was called back and told her bail was raised then she flipped out. Look, not saying she isn't a brat but IMO the judge took it as afffront to him...not the court. I would like to think a judge would be calm and deliberate. Besides...somebody explain to me why he raised the bail when she said adios. How in the world that make her more of a flight risk?

Anyway, that is my take on it.
    I'm of two minds on this one. Do I think that the girl deserved 30 days in the can? Yep, I'm glad to see it. She needs a lesson in reality.

On the other hand I am absolutely SICK to my stomach at how our legal system has been perverted. Judges sit on a throne these days and hand out rulings that are absolute *poop*. I think judges need to come down a peg or two and this judge appears to be over the top. From that standpoint OP I'm with you 100%.
    suntzu likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I see a child who needs to have her ears boxed a few times. She has zero respect for authority, and obviosly no remorse for committing a crime. The fact she found it was funny alone is a good reason to slap her dumb A** in jail, but to blatanly disrespect an appointer representative of the judicial sytem is total crap. I would have given her six months, and sentenced her to 500 hrs community service cleaning up dog poo at the humane society. This is perfect example of what plagues our society, and one of the reasons I carry.
    6 months?! You got to be kidding me. Based on the judge most likely being ticked off. What does someone smoking pot get? 10 years?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The punishment for something immature should factor in things like 'lost job' or 'lost apartment', etc. Rudeness to a judge certainly needs to be cracked down upon, I just don't know if the lesson is drastically better after more than a weekend sentence.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

VIP Member
    When the judge told her that she had to spend 30 days in jail she didn't seem too upset.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links