Judge flips out at bail hearing

This is a discussion on Judge flips out at bail hearing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SteveB2175 I've got no doubt that the girl in that court is trash, acted disrespectful, and has a world of trouble waiting ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Judge flips out at bail hearing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB2175 View Post
    I've got no doubt that the girl in that court is trash, acted disrespectful, and has a world of trouble waiting for her in the future, but.....

The judge started it by being sarcastic with his "bye-bye" and waiving her off. Her reply of adios was no worse than his behavior. The judge can't have it both ways. If he wants respect, he needs to act respectful. He is in the position of authority and he needs to behave in a manner that command s that authority.

Of course her decision to flip him off and tell him to do a physically impossible act was over the line in any event, but he started it.

This is 100% on the nose. He ran his mouth first and showed a lack of professionalism.
    I don't mind seeing her go to jail for 30 days because, to me, she looked high during her hearing. if i were the judge I would have kept my mouth in check and had her drug tested before the hearing progressed. Then with the positive test result I would have lowered the boom on her.

There's a right way and a wrong way and him running his mouth was the wrong way to start.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Judges are notorious for acting pissy because they can get away with it. Youngsters are notorious for p---ing on authority when they've been allowed to get away with it. Put the two together and somebody is going to pay for they way they are acting. As we all saw, it aint gonna be the old guy in the robe. But, "Holy Dumb Ass Batman!", how smart do you have to be to know better than to flip off a judge? I'm guessing even jail time can't fix that much stupid!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    By the latest news report, the little twit apologised profusely to the judge to day and was released from Contempt. I guess her lawyer gave her a Dinozzo or two.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Never did I say she should not get punished.
    i think you should re-read your post to which i replied. but, either way i don't understand why the point keeps escaping you so i guess we can all agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by hek1620 View Post
    i think you should re-read your post to which i replied. but, either way i don't understand why the point keeps escaping you so i guess we can all agree to disagree.
    I did...please enlighten me to how this means she should not have had any repreecussions

That is what I don't like. A judge should be making decisions based on law and the stndard of his court. Saying he is making an example out her implies she is getting harsher treatment than others to make a point and that is wronng. Everyone needs to be treated equally
    Help me with my English LOL. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Treat her likeothers he has.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    A judge should be making decisions based on law and the stndard of his court.
    He did base a decision on the law, contempt of court and depending on how their statute is written disorderly conduct for the language and he did base his decision on the standard of HIS COURTROOM. She poked the dog with a stick and got bit plain and simple. As far as being treated equally I am guessing that is someone else did the same thing they would get the same punishment I do not think he singled her out I thing she was the only one that day that told him to F K Off.
    hek1620 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Don't skip steps here LOL. She did not just "follow up" with it. She was called back and told her bail was raised then she flipped out. Look, not saying she isn't a brat but IMO the judge took it as afffront to him...not the court. I would like to think a judge would be calm and deliberate. Besides...somebody explain to me why he raised the bail when she said adios. How in the world that make her more of a flight risk?

Anyway, that is my take on it.
    He raised her bail because now instead of being out of pocket $500 if she gets a bondsman to bail her out she will be out of pocket $1000,sounds like he hit her where it hurts.
    hek1620 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cute girl.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    He did base a decision on the law, contempt of court and depending on how their statute is written disorderly conduct for the language and he did base his decision on the standard of HIS COURTROOM. She poked the dog with a stick and got bit plain and simple. As far as being treated equally I am guessing that is someone else did the same thing they would get the same punishment I do not think he singled her out I thing she was the only one that day that told him to F K Off.
    HeyTacman...next time quote the entire post,,not a part of it. Talk about taking things out of context. The entire quote made it clear that she be treated like every other person infront of him. That was in response to a person who mentioned he was "glad she was made an example of" (paraphrasing).
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    He raised her bail because now instead of being out of pocket $500 if she gets a bondsman to bail her out she will be out of pocket $1000,sounds like he hit her where it hurts.
    He already set bail. He said "bye bye" then she said Adios. That is when he raised the bail. If he wanted to get it where it would hurt her why did he not already have the bail higher? In fact, if you look at the video he had already asked her about the jewerly when he set the bail.

Bail is not supposed to be a punishment. It's a security
    atctimmy likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    suntzu, tack man highlighted that part because we are trying to understand your view here(not easy). you said he should make decisions based on the law and standard of his court. and i say again, what kind of standard would that court room have if he let her walk off without getting what she asked for. she wanted to be a bada$$ in court in front of all the witnesses and cameras. and act like she wasn't fazed by her little $500 bond. and he didn't even bat an eye. i thought it was damned well deserved. and it seems like the majority of people feel the same way. have you ever been to court? i have, many times. traffic tickets people, c'mon. and i have never even imagined giving the judge nothing but my utmost attention and respect.

maybe this will help enlighten you. if not, i don't know what to tell you. i guess it's a good thing you don't live down here. cuz you'd get taken for the proverbial ride.

say you have a daughter(maybe already do). you tell her, "hey, you're gonna clean this room and do your homework before you go to your friends house, ok?". she replies, "yeah, sure dad. uh huh. BUH, BYE(WITH A $HIT EATING GRIN ON HER FACE)!! let me guess. you'd just let her walk out, and talk about it when she feels like it?? well, not in my house sir.

VIP Member
    Suntzu I quoted the portion of your post that I intended and wanted to comment on I had already addressed the issue of being treated equally in another post. I would guess everyone that was arrogant, told him to F off and flipped him the bird got equal treatment.4

As I stated HIS COURTROOM STANDARDS were met, the law was met he violated nothing. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes a phrase that most everyone here is familiar with and used often.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I only made it page 2 so I don't know if it's been said already, but I think its a waste of time and money to prosecute crimes that don't have a tangible victim. She shouldn't have been in court in the first place. You guys cry about "...shall not be infringed" but then you're cool with over the top laws about drugs... hypocrites.

Edit: Just want to add that I think I mostly agree with suntzu about this one, and the rest of you are crazy.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

so the people that CLEARLY see that you should show respect are the one's that are crazy? you've made it so very clear now. "HEY MOM!! F**K YOU FOR BEING A GOOD MOTHER AND SHOWING ME RESPECT!! YEAH!!!". i would like thank you two so much for shedding some apparently very much needed light on the way i carry myself.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links