Judge flips out at bail hearing

Judge flips out at bail hearing

This is a discussion on Judge flips out at bail hearing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; WARNING:BEEPED WORD IN VIDEO... Judge flips out at defendent at bail hearing. Evidently he did not like it hen she said "adios" and changed bail ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Judge flips out at bail hearing

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881

    Judge flips out at bail hearing

    WARNING:BEEPED WORD IN VIDEO...


    Judge flips out at defendent at bail hearing. Evidently he did not like it hen she said "adios" and changed bail from 5k to 10k....she then gives him the finger and then gets 30 days in jail.

    My take: 1st offender for stealing Xanax. No criminal record. Bail was set to 5K. She says "adios" which I did not think she did in a purposely offensive way but it was a lack of respect to the court. Or at least I can see that from the judges mind.

    Anyoo, what sense did it make to raise her bail? Did "adios" make her more of a flight risk? I can almost see him citing her for contempt for that but not raising the bail. Then when she gets ticked and flips him off he gives her 30 days in jail.

    Call me a bleeding heart but all that I saw was an immature girl who is now going to cost the taxpayers more money for being in jail for 30 days.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8


  2. #2
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,462
    She should have got a spanking years ago, instead she got a time out. Now she has no respect for authority.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

  3. #3
    Ex Member Array detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    buffalo NY
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    WARNING:BEEPED WORD IN VIDEO...


    Judge flips out at defendent at bail hearing. Evidently he did not like it hen she said "adios" and changed bail from 5k to 10k....she then gives him the finger and then gets 30 days in jail.

    My take: 1st offender for stealing Xanax. No criminal record. Bail was set to 5K. She says "adios" which I did not think she did in a purposely offensive way but it was a lack of respect to the court. Or at least I can see that from the judges mind.

    Anyoo, what sense did it make to raise her bail? Did "adios" make her more of a flight risk? I can almost see him citing her for contempt for that but not raising the bail. Then when she gets ticked and flips him off he gives her 30 days in jail.

    Call me a bleeding heart but all that I saw was an immature girl who is now going to cost the taxpayers more money for being in jail for 30 days.
    Well, if you're stupid enough to give your JUDGE the finger you deserve it. Now how dumb is that? This is one self-indulged young woman! Bet her parents let her do anything she wished... Not so a Judge. Welcome to the real world - that's not Mommy sitting on the Bench up there...
    Jeanlouise, atctimmy and USM1976 like this.

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    If you let little creeps get away with that behavior, eventually the court breaks down. He did the right thing. I don't mind seeing my tax dollars used to keep that twit in jail for 30 days. Money well spent.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    If you let little creeps get away with that behavior, eventually the court breaks down. He did the right thing. I don't mind seeing my tax dollars used to keep that twit in jail for 30 days. Money well spent.
    I guess my question is:should it have even escalated to that point. She go 5K bail than said "adios". Immanture but I do not think that she did it to insult the court or judge (my opinion). Could have the judge called her back and aske what she meant by "adios"?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,432
    Had that been my daughter (and she wouldn't have been there to start with), I'd have told the judge not to worry, that I'd take care of it. She'd know what was coming was worse than what any judge would do.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,630
    If your gonna be dumb ,you gotta be tough.
    USM1976 and dukalmighty like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

    The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I guess my question is:should it have even escalated to that point. She go 5K bail than said "adios". Immanture but I do not think that she did it to insult the court or judge (my opinion). Could have the judge called her back and aske what she meant by "adios"?
    I think she did mean it to be rude and insulting. The fact that she then followed it up by saying F-U and flipping the judge off tells me everything I need to know about her.


    addendum...just heard that she apologized to the Judge and the Judge was very nice to her. I don't know if she still has to serve the 30 days or not.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  9. #9
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Had that been my daughter (and she wouldn't have been there to start with), I'd have told the judge not to worry, that I'd take care of it. She'd know what was coming was worse than what any judge would do.
    I agree OV, but at 18, abusing prescription drugs and telling a Judge "that"...she's beyond parenting. Time for the courts to handle the punishment.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I think she did mean it to be rude and insulting. The fact that she then followed it up by saying F-U and flipping the judge off tells me everything I need to know about her.


    addendum...just heard that she apologized to the Judge and the Judge was very nice to her. I don't know if she still has to serve the 30 days or not.
    Don't skip steps here LOL. She did not just "follow up" with it. She was called back and told her bail was raised then she flipped out. Look, not saying she isn't a brat but IMO the judge took it as afffront to him...not the court. I would like to think a judge would be calm and deliberate. Besides...somebody explain to me why he raised the bail when she said adios. How in the world that make her more of a flight risk?

    Anyway, that is my take on it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I agree OV, but at 18, abusing prescription drugs and telling a Judge "that"...she's beyond parenting. Time for the courts to handle the punishment.
    I can still make my 37-yr-old son flinch if I reach up to scratch my ear too quickly. Even he is not beyond parenting from time to time.
    wraithls1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Don't skip steps here LOL. She did not just "follow up" with it. She was called back and told her bail was raised then she flipped out. Look, not saying she isn't a brat but IMO the judge took it as afffront to him...not the court. I would like to think a judge would be calm and deliberate. Besides...somebody explain to me why he raised the bail when she said adios. How in the world that make her more of a flight risk?
    Well, she did say adios.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can still make my 37-yr-old son flinch if I reach up to scratch my ear too quickly. Even he is not beyond parenting from time to time.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  13. #13
    VIP Member
    Array ppkheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,129
    Not only was her behavior immature, but I thought she was flippant about the whole process.

    After the judge called her back for flipping him off, I believe she also said to him, "what's up"?

    Overall, I say good for the judge, she brought every bit of that on herself....starting with the Xanax.
    Jeanlouise and tacman605 like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array 031131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    1,023
    It wasn't just a simple word that was said it was the body language behind it. The body language is what escalated it. Maybe some day we will give real punishments and stop this hand holding business.

  15. #15
    Member Array linuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    303
    While I am all for punishing her on her initial drug possession charges, I'm not really a fan of the complete bypass of due process that judges use for 'contempt' and how just calling them a name can land you jail time. Yeah, that's fantastic way to abuse people using their 1st amendment.


    I understand the idea behind it (keep people from disrupting proceedings), but in something like this, her saying "F you" while walking away did nothing more than irk an old guy in a robe, who then gave her a month in jail. I disagree.
    suntzu likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

adios bail hearing
,
adios word cost a girl another 10k to bail
,
disrespectful girl at hearing
,
florida judge flips out
,
florida judge raises bail
,
florida judge why will raise bail
,
girl flips out judge
,
girl in bail hearing adios to judge
,
judge doubles girl bail because of adios
,

judge flips out

,
judge flips out on girl
,
judge raise bail on girl
,
judge raises bail for girl
,
judge raises bail on girl
,
west virginia judge flips out
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors