NRA: Customer service (just dumb, or trying to rip me off)?

This is a discussion on NRA: Customer service (just dumb, or trying to rip me off)? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I've donated a few times to them but because I hear they always send so much crap to you in the mail I never ...

So I've donated a few times to them but because I hear they always send so much crap to you in the mail I never signed up. Recent discussions on this forum have mentioned about how one can get out of getting all the crap mail so I figured I would sign up over the phone and see what comes of that.

So I give them a call and waited on hold for about 25 minutes (no big deal they are busy and I didn't have anything pressing to do myself) and this women picks up and I go through the motions, I'm looking to sign up yada yada yada. So I get straight to the point that I don't want any promotional offers sent to me and she says alright that isn't a problem. I think excellent lets get the ball rolling. So just then starts speaking about 10,000 miles a minute rattling off the membership options and they are all $10 more then what the NRA website states. So I interrupt her lightning fast verbal speech and say hold on hold on, the website says that it is $25 for a one year. Then she basically restarts her lightning fast speech with the "correct numbers".

Clearly she was not unaware of the change as she didn't skip a beat in the newly resaid speech. Not only did she not mention the new prices but finished and said have nice day without any mention of a magazine subscription or 1 of the 3 free things you get with signing up. So twice upon hearing have a nice..... I go "wait a sec isn't there supposed to be..............". Well now I got American Hunter coming to me and some cheap knife I'm giving to my youngest brother. I gave up the idea of getting the gift card after having to remind her of the other two deals.

Is she just especially stupid or is this some kind of rip off thing going on?

Learn this seven word phrase - it works 99% of the time.

May I speak to your supervisor please?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Links