Getting "sporty" here in New England

This is a discussion on Getting "sporty" here in New England within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just curious how my fellow New Englanders (and Massachusetts especially) are doing tonight. I'm on Cape Cod and the winds are howling...may bet gusts over ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KoriBustard

Thread: Getting "sporty" here in New England

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

Just curious how my fellow New Englanders (and Massachusetts especially) are doing tonight. I'm on Cape Cod and the winds are howling...may bet gusts over 75 mph. Just checked the generator and it seems ready to go. What's it like in your area?
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

64 degrees and mostly cloudy......I just moved from NH and have family in he greater Boston area...stay safe
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    Just starting to get windy here in the Portland ME area... the "pre-storm" gifted us with about a foot of very dry powder.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Just fired up the snowthrower too, she's gassed and ready to go.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

NH, seacoast and we have a few inch's already. same deal with the wind, I looked out my window to decide if it would be worth it to go and shovel so I can get to the gym. After seeing a huge snow drift get blown up my street I decided I'll skip it for the night. Going to be quite the clean up the next couple of days. Saturday is supposed to be the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    NH, seacoast and we have a few inch's already. same deal with the wind, I looked out my window to decide if it would be worth it to go and shovel so I can get to the gym. After seeing a huge snow drift get blown up my street I decided I'll skip it for the night. Going to be quite the clean up the next couple of days. Saturday is supposed to be the worst of it.
    Sunday will be a day of digging out and assessing the damage. Sometime they overplay these storms, but I think Nemo is for real.
    atctimmy likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Sunday will be a day of digging out and assessing the damage. Sometime they overplay these storms, but I think Nemo is for real.
    Yeah it may not be too bad. Well I should say that it is better prepared for. street and side walk plows have been going all over the place since this afternoon so I suppose the mess will be "contained". I just hate not being able to see around the corner when I'm driving, but driving in the snow isn't particularly difficult when you use your first 3 gears correctly. Can't wait to shovel out the 80 tons of snow shoved into my driveway from the street plows.

35F and windy. Looks like most of the storm is North of NOVA. We skated on this one, hopefully the one coming Wed night will bypass us also.

Stay safe up there you guys.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    I hope all you Northeasterners don't lose power! You can make it through almost anything if your electric doesn't go out.

Good luck with the wind and snow, stay home a be safe!

We had our "Snowmageddon" 3 years ago when we got 31" in a 24 hour period.

In eastern WV it's 35 degrees and very windy right now...but no snow.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Well the final outcome was overall minimal IMO. However personally it turns out I was in a very lovely area where a snow drift seemed to think it was a good place to pile snow. Sooooo my car and drive way are sitting under 6 feet of snow and I got no where to throw the 6 feet of snow that has buried my car and drive way. Been arguing with the property manager all day to get a plow in here. The joys of renting lol.

I think we ended up with 2 feet in the lower Western Maine area. I'm currently at work, keeping warm in the firehouse. I'll have to dig out tomorrow morning when I get home. At least it's light and fluffy snow which makes for easy clean up. The drifts are ridiculous though!

Not much snow on my part of Cape Cod. But my daughters are just south of Boston on the coast and haven't had power since 8p on Friday and temps are in the teens. Come on National Grid...get 'er done!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

Links