Slowly but surely converted two other, sheep

This is a discussion on Slowly but surely converted two other, sheep within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Many of you may remember some of my posts over the years about my Sister In-Law and her Husband's fear of guns and those who ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Paco
  • 2 Post By Paco

Thread: Slowly but surely converted two other, sheep

Many of you may remember some of my posts over the years about my Sister In-Law and her Husband's fear of guns and those who carry them. Well I am proud to say that over the years they have lightened up on their fear, now very comfortable with my carrying around them and their kids and in fact the SIL has thanked me a couple of times.

Both my SIL and her Husband are interested in learning about handguns and possibly shotguns. I still have work to do on the "assault rifle" front and "why anyone would need a gun like that", but I'll take the victories I am seeing. My SIL is registered for her CHL class and I have been working with her on gun safety and going to the range to learn how to use a handgun. I am going to surprise her with a "graduation" gift of a fully stocked range bag this Monday. They even want me to teach their kids about gun safety, not how to use one (yet) but how they work and what to do if they come across one, etc.

Jeanlouise, DJC7, BugDude and 2 others like this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Congratulations! They aren't easy to convince...my sister is one. I'm impressed!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Bravo!!! Consistency of logic and reason won out, and you must have approached it in a manner that didn't alienate them to the idea totally. Great job!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Range trip report. So I took my SIL to the range, with my Wife too so it wouldn't look inappropriate (plus she now likes to shoot) and the trip went very well. Well, she did make a newbie mistake. She got to the Bullet Trap in Plano first and they lent her a Kimber Ultra Carry II as a range gun to try the .45 ACP. When I walked in and gave her and my Wife a hug she unzipped the small gun case and pulled out the Kimber and started to show it to me in the middle of the store . Just as I was telling her to put it away an employee came over and nicely but nervously asked her to put it back and zip it up until she got to the door by the range or on the range.

That episode aside, she was very excited when I gave her the range bag I put together for her and was ready to go. We went in, went through the rules, and discussed some basics. I laid out ammo from .380 to .45 and explained a little about each (not too much but enough to explain the reason behind each and what to expect from each round). We started with the Wife's PK380 then on to a G19, my Sigma .40 and the Kimber and back down. The .45 scared her a little, but the smile on her face was priceless as I pulled the target to the line a few times to show her how she was doing.

She did wrap her thumb after me warning her a couple of times, and after the slide kissed her knuckle she didn't do it anymore that night (now she knows why I put a small first aid kit in the range bag). It was an awesome experience to teach her and to shoot with the Wife too. It doesn't hurt they look almost like twins, both Texas ladies and both red heads .
    oakchas and blanco64 like this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Re: Slowly but surely converted two other, sheep

Great job all around, Paco! None of my relation is anti, they'd be the easiest to convince, I think...

Though I must admit to great difficulty convincing my wife I'm not a "gun nut", obsessed beyond reason... I'm not, my arsenal is small.

But, currently, with the general situation as it is, we need everybody we can get on our side.

Thanks for increasing the fold!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sponsored Links