Authorities announce $1 million reward for Dorner

This is a discussion on Authorities announce $1 million reward for Dorner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LOS ANGELES (AP) Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday put up a $1 million reward for information leading to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Brad426

Thread: Authorities announce $1 million reward for Dorner

VIP Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday put up a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former Los Angeles police officer suspected in three killings.

LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announced the reward at a news conference at Los Angeles Police Department headquarters.

"Hopefully, the reward will motivate people that may be involved with assisting him or might be reluctant to talk to us to call us and to put an end to this," Sgt. Rudy Lopez said ahead of the announcement.

Meanwhile, authorities said camping gear was found along with weapons inside Dorner's burned-out pickup truck. The vehicle found Thursday in the ski resort town of Big Bear was so charred that investigators couldn't be more specific about the nature of its contents, Lopez said.
    EarthLink - U.S. News

If he is being hidden or assisted by someone this may convince them to turn him in.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Hopefully before anyone else resembling him gets shot (and by "resembling" I mean, you know, human).
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    EarthLink - U.S. News

If he is being hidden or assisted by someone this may convince them to turn him in.
    But wouldn't they be charged with aiding and abetting?

I guess with a million dollars they could afford a good attorney. Kind of a "bad news/good news" scenario.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    With a reward like that, this will most likely bring out oodles of people looking for him. I hope they dont screw up the process.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    But wouldn't they be charged with aiding and abetting?

I guess with a million dollars they could afford a good attorney. Kind of a "bad news/good news" scenario.
    Unless this person was an actual accomplice to whom damning evidence points, they would be able to claim they assisted him "under duress" and the state would have a tough time charging them.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

NMB
    I wonder if they would offer up 1 million in tax payer money if it was anyone of us who had been murdered and not a LEO.

Im not taking away from the horror of what hes done, but thats a big pile of BS in my eyes.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Chances are it will never get paid. They will take the tip, investigate and come up with an excuse on how they found him without the tip.

The "reopening of the investigation" of the reason he was fired, is only a ruse to try to flush him out. I don't know it as a fact, but I really suspect it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Links