New law to save lives

This is a discussion on New law to save lives within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The recent tour bus crash that killed eight and injured dozens got me thinking. If tour buses had a seven seat limit, think of the ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By 383
  • 2 Post By NCSoxFan
  • 4 Post By OldVet

Thread: New law to save lives

New law to save lives

The recent tour bus crash that killed eight and injured dozens got me thinking. If tour buses had a seven seat limit, think of the lives that would be saved. Our fearless leader (or as Chris Rock says, the daddy of our country) has said that if it saves just one life, it's worth the sacrifice for the rest of us. I think more lives would be saved by limiting buses to seven seats, than limiting magazines to seven rounds.
    darbo, msgt/ret and thephanatik like this.

2. Remove Ads

It worked for NASA. I'm sorry
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Nice try. Unfortunately logic has no place in the law making process.
    Brad426 and thephanatik like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    With a 7-passenger limit, they'd no longer be tour busses, but tour vans instead. And Chris Rock may believe Obama is his daddy. For myself, I know who my daddy was.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    It worked for NASA. I'm sorry
    OUCH
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by 383 View Post
    The recent tour bus crash that killed eight and injured dozens got me thinking. If tour buses had a seven seat limit, think of the lives that would be saved. Our fearless leader (or as Chris Rock says, the daddy of our country) has said that if it saves just one life, it's worth the sacrifice for the rest of us. I think more lives would be saved by limiting buses to seven seats, than limiting magazines to seven rounds.
    I'm sure Chris Rock don't know who his daddy is anyway so its easy for him to call O-dum-dum his daddy
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by 383 View Post
    What I've never understood is why in this age of high-tech seat-belts aren't required on any bus, I mean that's a no-brainer but however horrible the bus accident I never even see this mentioned let alone an outcry. It's just common sense: if you are thrown in an accident the length of a bus you're body is still going 60mph.

WHY doesn't something get DONE with this simple safety device, and one required in cars for decades!? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    What I've never understood is why in this age of high-tech seat-belts aren't required on any bus, I mean that's a no-brainer but however horrible the bus accident I never even see this mentioned let alone an outcry. It's just common sense: if you are thrown in an accident the length of a bus you're body is still going 60mph.

WHY doesn't something get DONE with this simple safety device, and one required in cars for decades!? I just don't get it.
    It is, it was a slow process, but every new motor coach is required to have 3 point safety belts. I currently drive a motor coach. ;)

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post
    It is, it was a slow process, but every new motor coach is required to have 3 point safety belts. I currently drive a motor coach. ;)

Be safe!
    At Last! Now is that your State's requirement or a Federal one?

OP:

Fear of weapons is believed to be an indication of emotional and sexual insecurity. Fear of tour buses has long been known to represent an unhealthy attachment to slow crossing armadillos. Most anti-gun types are afraid of armadillos, leading them to believe that tour buses are a good thing. This sort of convoluted reasoning is often the result of too much time spent in dark closets. According to Monica Lewinsky and some congressional pages, there is at least one dark closet immediately adjacent to the White House Oval Office and a good many more scattered throughout the halls of Congress. I suspect the same is probably true in many state capitol buildings. Not wishing to unduly color your opinions, I will simply submit that if it waddles like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it most likely is a duck, and thus will probably pass anti-gun laws and leave the tour buses alone. Hope this was of some help.

Links