Another Anti-Gun Ad

This is a discussion on Another Anti-Gun Ad within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This time it's Mark Kelly and Gabrielle Gifford Americans for Responsible Solutions: "Let's Get This done" - YouTube...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Goat_Guy
  • 3 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Another Anti-Gun Ad

Another Anti-Gun Ad

This time it's Mark Kelly and Gabrielle Gifford

Americans for Responsible Solutions: "Let's Get This done" - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    An entire ad and they never specify exactly what they want to "get done". I guess we can all use our imagination.

Is she saying if the guy who shot her had a background check done she wouldn't have been shot?

Isn't shooting someone already illegal? If the guy hadn't been adjudicated "mentally unstable" he'd pass the background check anyway. Maybe they should address that problem first.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Well, what is that now... 3 or 4 of these PSAs? By the anti crowd... including "gun owners, like us," and hunters.

Our side had a PSA too, didn't it? Something about attacking a sitting President's kids for having too much protection? Yeah, that's what it was, an attack ad... We conservatives do those so well...

We cannot count on the people of this country to consider this issue with sane, rational, reason... If they don't see it in a sound bite, it doesn't affect them. They won't THINK about it at all...

The following thought process is what goes through the mind of a very astute American, after seeing this PSA.

John Q. Public: "Congress wants to do something about gun violence? Stop those war guns with big mag clips? Isn't that the senator that was shot down in Nevada?" Sure, I think they're right, We gotta do something, and she would know... I mean isn't her husband an astrophysicist or something? Smart folks, let them figure it out, that's why I voted for 'em, so they could fix the mess we're in. Yeah, let's get it done."

The rest of them think like this (after pushing the mute button):
    "Honey, are we out of beer?"
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Unfortunately, few if any of the recent shooters would have been caught by a background check since they had done nothing (yet) to flag them as mentally unstable or potential threats - however that is defined. What no one has yet thought about is what criteria defines a potential psycho, and who makes that decision? And what happens when someone goes postal after they have passed a background check? Who gets blamed (and sued) for that? And how do background checks stop people who obtain weapons illegally, like that dopey kid who shot up the school?

Everyone is looking for easy answers to problems that don't have easy answers.
    phreddy likes this.
    Never get out of the boat....

Gabrielle Giffords was talking at an unusually strange pace in that ad. Does she suffer from retardation of speech or something? It was so bad that I even googled it to try to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunn217 View Post
    Gabrielle Giffords was talking at an unusually strange pace in that ad. Does she suffer from retardation of speech or something? It was so bad that I even googled it to try to find out.
    Oh c'mon.. .you know Gabby Giffords was shot in the head and suffered TBI when Jared Loughner shot then Congresswoman Giffords at a meet and greet in Arizona?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdunn217 View Post
    I don't care for her and I still got ticked off reading your post.
    oakchas, phreddy and Poseidon like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Oh c'mon.. .you know Gabby Giffords was shot in the head and suffered TBI when Jared Loughner shot then Congresswoman Giffords at a meet and greet in Arizona?

Oops didn't come in to my mind before I posted. I apologize for my ignorance, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The limit of my sympathy for Giffords has been reached.
    Poseidon likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links