Heads Up! CREDIT REPORTS:

This is a discussion on Heads Up! CREDIT REPORTS: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Always a good idea for doing free check on your credit reports But more reason here: (and do it for all three) Millions of credit ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By detective

Thread: Heads Up! CREDIT REPORTS:

Heads Up! CREDIT REPORTS:

Always a good idea for doing free check on your credit reports But more reason here: (and do it for all three)

Millions of credit reports have errors - Feb. 11, 2013

These people have too much power in this country: 1 day late with a $30 bill and WHACK!: your credit report numbers go down 80 points, ridiculous and by what magic formula and what authority!?

Or a mistake is made and WHACK!, the mortgage you find you get is thousands more than expected.

These agencies, the three of them, are on my top Scumbag List.

PS: This isn't sour grapes, I have a very good FICO score, the big enchilada used for loans, and all very good credit reports. But in the past they were not so and sometimes because of a few bucks bill or a mistake. And I've known good people really screwed by them. Scumbags!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The problem is the report you the consumer receives is not the same as what financial institututions pay to receive. Totally different information. I don't understand how these credit bureaus can legally invade your financial privacy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The problem is the report you the consumer receives is not the same as what financial institututions pay to receive. Totally different information. I don't understand how these credit bureaus can legally invade your financial privacy.

It's legal because they are sent the info by Credit Cards, Banks, whoever bills you - and they "have" to report each month - and that's where it gets very vague: Who says they have to? Probably the three big credit reporting agencies. And no one in government says "Boo" about all this. Probably because our reps get big fat campaign donations from all the participants in this scam on privacy.
    nontechguy likes this.

Links