The Following: Who is watching it and isn't it the freakiest show!

This is a discussion on The Following: Who is watching it and isn't it the freakiest show! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody else watching "The Following"? That is about the freakiest new show I have seen in a long time.....and Mrs. Sun Tzu and I love ...

Thread: The Following: Who is watching it and isn't it the freakiest show!

Anybody else watching "The Following"? That is about the freakiest new show I have seen in a long time.....and Mrs. Sun Tzu and I love it!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The description I've heard several times is "twisted". Watched the pilot. That was enough for me, but Mrs. Niks is a fan.

We are a week behind. Last weeks was definitly twisted. Going to watch this weeks later. I was surprised to see Kevin Bacon being the star.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

It started strong but it's becoming a bit boring. Every episode is the same, and we're only four weeks in.

It's obvious the first season is going to deal completely with getting the kid back. But what kind of legs will such a premise have?

I'm talking the overall premise of a cult following. I mean, so far these instances have been isolated to one city. I think if the show's writers and producers have grander ideas, they need to begin showing them now.

VIP Member
    I'm watching and I don't know if I'll keep it up. The first show was so over the top violent that I almost didn't watch after that.

The next show wasn't quite as bad but IDK, I think my tolerance for that kind of thing is diminishing. I also wonder where exactly they can go with the story line. I guess they can have the threesome find someone new to kill every week but...blah.

I miss "24". That was one of my all time favorite series.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Been watching it also and still have not quite figured it out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I watched it and i just keep asking myself why is everyone in that show obsessed with knives. killing with a knife is sure to make a lot of mess and they just don't seem to care. i still have a feeling FOX will cancel that show after season finality because that's what they do to most of the shows even if ratings are decent.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I put it in a catagory with Criminal Minds. Good show, but after a couple of shows the violence and psychos get depressing and I'm ready to move on.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I watched it and i just keep asking myself why is everyone in that show obsessed with knives. killing with a knife is sure to make a lot of mess and they just don't seem to care.
    The way I've heard it described by criminal psychologists is that killing with a knife is very personal and intimate, which killers of a certain type strive for...

Makes a certain kind of sense, I guess. But makes me glad I'm not a criminal psychologist, having to see and study this kind of thing all the time.

Wouldn't it be funny if, on the season finale, it was revealed that the actual premise of the show was to "kill off" everyone in Hollywood that was "six degrees from Kevin Bacon"! That would mean quite a distinguished list of co-stars! Hello ratings!

Re: The Following: Who is watching it and isn't it the freakiest show!

I've been DVR'ing it but haven't watched. On the to-do list. ;)

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Watched it. Have my hand on the plug though...

Sponsored Links