why to the left?

This is a discussion on why to the left? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I recently purchased a smith and wesson m & p shield and have gone to the range a few times..seems Like every time my shots ...

Thread: why to the left?

Unhappy why to the left?

I recently purchased a smith and wesson m & p shield and have gone to the range a few times..seems
    Like every time my shots wind up on the left side of the target. Any suggestions as to how to straighten this out? I am trying to site inbetween the rear sites and focus on the front site using both eyes but still no joy.

Shieldster

2. Remove Ads

Hello, If you are right handed watch for your trigger finger position on the trigger. Might also be your grip on the firearm is incorrect. See if the range you shoot at has an instructor that might be able to help you out....IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by shieldster View Post
    I recently purchased a smith and wesson m & p shield and have gone to the range a few times..seems
    Like every time my shots wind up on the left side of the target. Any suggestions as to how to straighten this out? I am trying to site inbetween the rear sites and focus on the front site using both eyes but still no joy.

Shieldster
    I Love Guns!!!

Most likely it is too much trigger finger and you are pushing the gun as you pull the trigger. Check this out..it helped me a good bit....
    Attached Images

cj
    Agree. I've found that on these smaller pistols I need to modify my grip/trigger finger placement to get on target.

Links