Texas Dad Witnesses Drunk Driver plow into his 2 sons, shoots drunk driver

This is a discussion on Texas Dad Witnesses Drunk Driver plow into his 2 sons, shoots drunk driver within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone catch this story. I have to say, I think I might have done the same thing. He lost 2 of his SONS the same ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Texas Dad Witnesses Drunk Driver plow into his 2 sons, shoots drunk driver

Anyone catch this story. I have to say, I think I might have done the same thing. He lost 2 of his SONS the same night.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Tragic but doesn't excuse vigilante justice. John Gotti did the same thing and got away with it. However sympathetic one is, no man is above the law. Pray that situation never happens.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think any of us may have suffered from that same temporary insanity if we had been in his shoes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quoting the drunk driver's family:

"It was an accident. He didn't purposely do that. Whoever did it is getting away with murdering my nephew. He deserves justice."

He purposefully got drunk and drove resulting in the deaths of 2 children. Don't try to defend that behavior.

I'm sure there will be no liberal outrage calling for drink limits, restrictions on types of vehicle or universal inhebriation tests...
    atctimmy and thephanatik like this.

I really feel for the DAD here. I mean more than likely he get 20yrs with chance of parole. Unless there is some weird twist of fate.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

I can't say that if I witnessed two of my children killed because some jerk got drunk and drove, that I wouldn't have done the same thing. As for "no man" being above the law, tell that to our Prez - he IS the law.

Custom Kydex holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.
    www.armatuscarry.com
    www.Facebook.com/armatuscarry
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

"It was an accident. He didn't purposely do that".

Sorry,,,, NO DEFENSE,, no one else poured the booze down his throat.
    He caused the other deaths and my way of thinking,,,, this is
    WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO ALL DRUNK DRIVERS INVOLVED IN
    ACCIDENTS CAUSING OTHER PEOPLE TO DIE. They should die
    also,,,,,, regardless of their name,,,, Joe Blow or Ted Kennedy.

The state should convict & submit the death sentence.
    pittypat21 and Crashoften like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    "It was an accident. He didn't purposely do that".

Sorry,,,, NO DEFENSE,, no one else poured the booze down his throat.
    He caused the other deaths and my way of thinking,,,, this is
    WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO ALL DRUNK DRIVERS INVOLVED IN
    ACCIDENTS CAUSING OTHER PEOPLE TO DIE. They should die
    also,,,,,, regardless of their name,,,, Joe Blow or Ted Kennedy.

The state should convict & submit the death sentence.
    I must be old fashioned, but I think at least 2nddegree murder charges should be on the table. Trial by jury, yes. But this vehicular manslaughter non-sense needs to go. 10 years for negligently taking a life, is not enough.

Custom Kydex holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.
    www.armatuscarry.com
    www.Facebook.com/armatuscarry
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    In this country we do not get to summarily execute people who act badly. How did he know the guy was drunk? Did he do a breathalyzer test? A blood test? No he did not. How did he know the guy wasn't a diabetic having a insulin episode (which looks just like intoxication). He was mad and committed a murder. Murder is wrong. He goes to jail.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Re: Texas Dad Witnesses Drunk Driver plow into his 2 sons, shoots drunk driver

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Tragic but doesn't excuse vigilante justice. John Gotti did the same thing and got away with it. However sympathetic one is, no man is above the law. Pray that situation never happens.
    Agreed there's no place for vigilante justice but I can't see this being the case. If ever a case of temporary insanity, this is it. Your world, slaughtered before your eyes, rational thought is gone. Without rational thought, the law may see it differently, but I can't see it being murder.

In NY, if he wouldn't get off on the insanity defense, I could only see a charge of manslaughter (depraved indifference) sticking. Either way, tragic all around.

The drunk, although guilty as sin, did not go out intending to kill and the father, while guilty, was much the same.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    In this country we do not get to summarily execute people who act badly. How did he know the guy was drunk? Did he do a breathalyzer test? A blood test? No he did not. How did he know the guy wasn't a diabetic having a insulin episode (which looks just like intoxication). He was mad and committed a murder. Murder is wrong. He goes to jail.
    We aren't the father. maybe he had words with the driver who could have even said, "Sorry I'm drunk' lol. or maybe he had bottles in his car, or smelled it on him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

So its OK to murder if he is drunk?

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Heck yes. The Fathers 2 innocent little boys, are dead because of an idiot. Had the father not killed him, he would be in jail in a matter of months, have TV that victims sons would not be able to watch, no little saturday morning cartoons; he'll have hot meals, showers, get to see the world through news, enjoy sunsets, and with good behavior, probably be out just in time to start dating, get married, who knows. The bottom line is one still has life a head of them, the other 2 are 6 feet under.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

A scary situation when a person with a concealed carry permit believes he is able to mete out justice on the spot. I thought we supported the Constitution and the laws of this country. That is just the sentiment the antis say all "gun nuts" have. And I thought lynchings were a thing of the past...

I know I know. I'm just caught in the moment. But It just pisses me off how easy criminals have it. Here in our local area, they had to move the entire county jail for a few days because hot water heater brok and hot water was off for their showers. I mean seriously.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links