Geeks Gun in <Gasp> California

This is a discussion on Geeks Gun in <Gasp> California within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A group of engineers at Palo Alto software startup Cloudera Inc. got together last month for a team bonding event with a stash of 12-gauge ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Geeks Gun in <Gasp> California

Post Geeks Gun in <Gasp> California

A group of engineers at Palo Alto software startup Cloudera Inc. got together last month for a team bonding event with a stash of 12-gauge shotguns.

About 20 of them gathered at Coyote Valley Sporting Clays in Morgan Hill on a Friday morning to shoot at moving targets in the countryside. "It was a real treat," says Aaron T. Myers, a 27-year-old Cloudera software engineer who helped organize the trip, noting that it was something most had never done before.
    Some Techies Hear Call of the Shooting Range - WSJ.com

Bay Area shooting ranges report a significant uptick in interest from youthful startup workers who may be shooting as a hobby, bonding with colleagues or practicing for hunting.

"There has been a shift from your traditional old gun-club crowd," says Patrick Gilligan, the 30-year-old president of San Francisco Pacific Rod and Gun Club, an 80-year-old organization that until recently has mainly attracted much older members.
    I think this is wonderful, and perhaps can lead, given time, to some changes in attitudes!

Some say they are drawn to guns because they see political parallels between fighting for digital liberties, such as limiting copyright controls, and fighting for gun rights. "If the government wants to restrict technology, where does it stop?" says Gene Hoffman, co-founder of software firm Vindicia Inc. and co-founder of the Calguns Foundation, which advocates for pro-gun litigation.
    goldshellback likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think that's great too! The best way to win this "war" is for the people to show that using guns isn't just for "red necks and psychos" (something I heard said one time).

I hope our Congressmen are taking note.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links