I can't make this stuff up.

This is a discussion on I can't make this stuff up. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I actually saw this today and took the attached photo's myself. I believe I can count 6 2X6X10's and 6 1X4X10's. All of this reminds ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I can't make this stuff up.

VIP Member

I can't make this stuff up.

I actually saw this today and took the attached photo's myself. I believe I can count 6 2X6X10's and 6 1X4X10's.

All of this reminds me of the time I had just rented a car at LAX and was driving north on 405 in stop and go traffic. I looked next to me and there was a goat tied in the back of a pickup truck. I foolishly thought I had left the "country life" far behind.

Once locally I was exiting the Interstate and a truck merging my direction had a Jersey cow tied and standing up in the back. No sideboards whatsoever.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    You've gotta work with what you got!
    blitzburgh and Poseidon like this.

I would hate to know i had to drive very far with all that lumber,hanging out.I guess,you gotta do,what you gotta do.

It's hard to tell, is that someone sitting in the back seat? Did they guy have his 6 man crew in there too? The suspension looked bottomed out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    It's hard to tell, is that someone sitting in the back seat? Did they guy have his 6 man crew in there too? The suspension looked bottomed out.
    The car was definitely leaning, and that was "Mama" sitting in the back seat.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I saw a guy yesterday driving with a patio table upside down on top of his car with a blue tarp under it and his hand out the drivers window holding on to it. It wasn't on a roof rack or tied down at all. Just one hand hanging on to it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    All he needs is Granny on top in her rocker!

I was visiting my aunt and uncle in Kentucky once when my uncle pulled in the driveway with a calf standing in the back seat of his Buick Lesabre. He got it at the farm supply store and didn't figure it was worth the trouble to come home and get his cattle trailer.

A few years ago, I was here in SC (outside the beach and city limits) eating at a wonderful mom and pops restaurant and we were seated facing the window.. I happen to look up from my meal in time to look out see a guy in El Camino towing a cow on a small flat bed trailer, lol. No restraints or anything.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

A friend of mine left his home driving his truck and pulling a flat bed trailer. When he got to town (about 5 miles) someone flagged him down and pointed out the cat sitting on his trailer fender.

This is the same guy that stood a 20 foot extension ladder in the back of his pickup truck so he could get high enough into a tree to rescue the same cat.

The kicker is that he claims he doesn't like cats.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

A couple of years ago around Christmas. I saw a '76 Ford F250 4wd complete with whiskey dents and rust parked at Lowes. The truck had Christmas lights duct taped to it. In the bed of the truck were empty beer cans, some fire wood, and Honda generator that was secured to the truck with a logging chain and padlock. Kinda made me jealous.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

VIP Member
    Well I will admit to one my father did. Back around 1971 or 1972 my little sister was about six years old. Dad bought her a pony for her birthday and not having a truck or trailer he loaded the pony in the back seat of the 69 Pontiac station wagon and brought it home.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We just put the top down on the Miata ;)
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I saw a guy yesterday driving with a patio table upside down on top of his car with a blue tarp under it and his hand out the drivers window holding on to it. It wasn't on a roof rack or tied down at all. Just one hand hanging on to it.
    Once a few years ago I was driving a semi on one of the Interstate highways in the Dallas area. I saw a wrought iron patio table sitting upside down in the middle of my lane. I was doing about 65MPH and could not possibly stop in time to avoid it. I was in the second lane and had cars to my right and another semi to my left. Fortunately the other semi driver saw the table when I did and moved over onto the left shoulder so I could swerve to miss the table. I really do not like people that think they can hold something to the roof of their cars!
    msgt/ret likes this.

once saw a ford fiesta with a calf in the back seat
    Last edited by WINTEJER000; February 14th, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links