The Zombie Apocalypse Is Here!

This is a discussion on The Zombie Apocalypse Is Here! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You are one of the few still alive in your town. Owe it to your quick wit...and the fact that you own a gun store. ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By RubenZ
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By Dennis1209
  • 2 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By Hoplyte

Thread: The Zombie Apocalypse Is Here!

You are one of the few still alive in your town. Owe it to your quick wit...and the fact that you own a gun store. You've held out for weeks now but your food rations have been depleted and the horde is making its way to your front door. You decide its time to get out. But what do you grab? You find it hard to focus, the pounding on the door gets louder with every second. You wish you could take all the guns, its been your life's work collecting and obtaining all of your favorites. Do you decided to travel light and really on speed to escape? Or do you grab the meanest light machine gun you've got and break out with sheer firepower? Hurry, that door won't hold up much longer...

Well most gun shops I know have burglar bars. So I'm not sure if they would get in. But if you wanna play that game. I would only take an AR in the shortest barrel I had, and as many pistols as I could grab. Zombies don't need a caliber with stopping power. they just need to be shot in the head. So I'd probably pack some .22's and since I own a gun shop :) they would all be silenced.
    moonraker and goldshellback like this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    .22 LR and lots of it and a couple of high-capacity .22 firearms (if they're still for sale!). It only takes one pop to the head to drop them, why all the loud firepower? Also, the best weapon I've sen for the zombies is the Samuri sword the black woman on The Walking Dead carries. Highly effective and requires no reloading!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Probably a .22 LR because it's lighter and the ammo is smaller...you can stuff more in your pockets. The silencer is important because as we all know, sound draws them.

The sword is effective but I prefer to do my Zombie killing at a distance.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Common, JL. Show some sport!
    goldshellback likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'll play...

I'd wake the wife up and tell her to answer the door before she had the three hour morning make-up session.

As a fan of "The Walking Dead" on AMC, it's my understanding when zombie meets zombie they leave you alone and go along their merry way. At any rate, they would definitely turn up their noses and lose their appetites and look for an edible meal elsewhere
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I'll play...

I'd wake the wife up and tell her to answer the door before she had the three hour morning make-up session.

As a fan of "The Walking Dead" on AMC, it's my understanding when zombie meets zombie they leave you alone and go along their merry way. At any rate, they would definitely turn up their noses and lose their appetites and look for an edible meal elsewhere
    For your health and well being I hope your wife never reads your posts. lol
    goldshellback and nontechguy like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Common, JL. Show some sport!
    Shootings a sport.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The .22's are the way to go but I'd at least try to pack out an AR for the living that might want me dead for what I have and they don't have.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Noooooo.... This is one cause where the gun just won't do.

The most important weapon is the long handled ax... just ask Abe Lincoln and his adventures with the vampires! If you shoot a zombie with a .22, it is so small, the the flesh is so rotten, it will just go through them without causing any damage. However, if you disconnect the head from the rest of the body, the head is going to have a heck of a time catching you to eat your brain!

I'll play along with this scenario.. I'd be like the gumers from the movie Tremors. I 'd have a modified deuce and a half stored in the back loaded with guns, ammo, spare parts, food, etc. and head for a secluded( smaller human population) secure preprepared location in the hills.
    goldshellback likes this.

since we are dreaming. can one of them be carrying a whopper? cuz I'm sure I'm hungry by now.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

A .300 Blackout AR-15 with subsonic rounds and suppressor. Backup guns a .22LR pistol or two. Don't make more noise than you have to.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Links