Squirrel Nuts!

This is a discussion on Squirrel Nuts! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's really hard to take these activists seriously. I might give a squirrel a massage (Reiki), but only to tenderize him.:) Squirrel shoot fund-raiser in ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Squirrel Nuts!

Squirrel Nuts!

It's really hard to take these activists seriously. I might give a squirrel a massage (Reiki), but only to tenderize him.:)

Squirrel shoot fund-raiser in New York town goes on despite protests - latimes.com

2. Remove Ads

I realized that the mind of a squirrel is free and without concerns. Therefore there are no obstacles to their experiencing complete healing.
    Until a 12 year old takes aim with their new .22 "Assault Style Rifle" that they won in the squirrel hunting contest...

If squirrels are "free and without concerns", then why do they chatter so loud, and run so fast when I get close?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    Passions are running so high that the FBI had to be called in to investigate death threats against “the whole village board, the police, the firefighters” and virtually every official in the one-square-mile village, according to Police Chief William Murphy, who noted that he neither hunts nor eats squirrels himself.
    Those folks are nuttier than squirrel droppings.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Maybe they should do a live catch squirrel hunt and release them out in CA. Plenty of nuts out there for them to feed on!
    BigJon10125 and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

“Children as young as 12 years old are being encouraged to participate and kill with guns. When I saw that, I just felt our culture is going the wrong direction,” explained Julie Gallagher, who teaches Reiki massage and sends healing energy through pecans to sick or wounded squirrels around the lake where she hikes in Austin.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I could kill the little long-tailed rats in my yard I would. Instead, I trap them and haul them several miles away. If they want to cross the interstate and come back, they're welcome. The trap is always ready.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

From what I heard it was more of a dance than a protest. Here's the video - Squirrel Nut Sack (Nutsac) Dance - Let 'em hang, and let 'em swang...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    From what I heard it was more of a dance than a protest. Here's the video - Squirrel Nut Sack (Nutsac) Dance - Let 'em hang, and let 'em swang...
    That would be funny if you were six years old. Too bad you, an adult, posted it.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

When I saw that, I just felt our culture is going the wrong direction,” explained Julie Gallagher, who teaches Reiki massage and sends healing energy through pecans to sick or wounded squirrels around the lake where she hikes in Austin.

“I noticed that when I would give an injured squirrel Reiki, the squirrel would heal much more quickly than humans,” Gallagher blogged on her squirrelplanet.org website. “I realized that the mind of a squirrel is free and without concerns. Therefore there are no obstacles to their experiencing complete healing.”

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    “Children as young as 12 years old are being encouraged to participate and kill with guns. When I saw that, I just felt our culture is going the wrong direction,” explained Julie Gallagher, who teaches Reiki massage and sends healing energy through pecans to sick or wounded squirrels around the lake where she hikes in Austin.
    And after they kill the bushy tailed tree rats here are some suggestions for disposing of the bodies. Cooks.com - Recipes - Squirrel Stew
    goldshellback likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And after they kill the bushy tailed tree rats here are some suggestions for disposing of the bodies. Cooks.com - Recipes - Squirrel Stew
    They go wonderfully well in a gumbo...... I do know this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Did anybody bother to tell them that that squirrels are rodents? (tasty one at that.) Are they protesting people killing rats and mice?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Did anybody bother to tell them that that squirrels are rodents? (tasty one at that.) Are they protesting people killing rats and mice?
    I bet they would...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links