McCready is fifth 'Celebrity Rehab' cast member to die in two years

This is a discussion on McCready is fifth 'Celebrity Rehab' cast member to die in two years within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Rehab is good for folks if they seriously want to help themsleves. Rehab based reality shows obviously do not work. McCready is fifth 'Celebrity Rehab' ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By suntzu

Thread: McCready is fifth 'Celebrity Rehab' cast member to die in two years

Rehab is good for folks if they seriously want to help themsleves. Rehab based reality shows obviously do not work.

McCready is fifth 'Celebrity Rehab' cast member to die in two years ? The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Rehab reality show? Really? Some show, eh. Cashing in on the abusive nature of "celebs" and showing them to be human after all and trying to chuck the substance abuse on television. Pathetic.

There are some real rehabilitation programmes out there but kicking a substance habit is very difficult under any circumstances. I think this is our number one ill in the country and absolutely no way to prevent it. A very large percentage of crime is because of substance abuse. The burglar who violated my home (if ever caught) will no doubt be an addict. This is the 21st Century plague and unless we find a way to keep them from trying things that are highly addictive in the first place, we will see more deaths.

This girl took the ultimate in rehabilitation and that sadly to say is sometimes the only way they can get off drugs. I hate to admit it, but that is the truth.
    Jeanlouise and ACS_Matt like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

A good read on substance abuse and a celebrity is: "Clapton: The Autobiography". Very good read on how to get your life back together. Too bad more folks don't.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I hate reality shows but I especially hate reality shows that exploit people in pain. It's voyeurism. Shame on the producers and anyone who had anything to do with this. She needed real help, not just to be part of the "show".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    A good read on substance abuse and a celebrity is: "Clapton: The Autobiography". Very good read on how to get your life back together. Too bad more folks don't.
    I am a fan of Eric Clapton, have actually been to a concert after "Slowhand" album came out. He is certainly the exception to this and his substance abuse was kicked. What this boils down to is the fact that many of these people may be clinically depressed and are self medicating. They also may exhibit addictive personalities. Or, they just might be bored and looking for ways to make their exciting lives more exciting.

Anyway, I do agree that Eric is a good example of how to get off the abuse.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nothing anyone does will stop persons intent on making their "exit."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links