Disturbing Training Targets

This is a discussion on Disturbing Training Targets within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just disturbing. Targets that look like civilians...kids, pregnant women, etc. Get out your tinfoil and start folding, but when you add up all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Disturbing Training Targets

This is just disturbing. Targets that look like civilians...kids, pregnant women, etc. Get out your tinfoil and start folding, but when you add up all the pieces out there something just doesn't seem right. Exactly what are they training for and who is using these targets???

Company With Ties to the Federal Gov?t Designs Unsettling Targets for Law Enforcement Community | TheBlaze.com
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I ran out of foil!

Wow, I don't really know what to make of this.

to me it says "preparing cops to shoot civies that wont hand over their weapons durring a mass confiscation"
    msgt/ret, fredg53 and Secret Spuk like this.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I'll go with the explanation provided. They are non-traditional targets to aid in the prevention of hesitation by law enforcement when confronted with a threat that they aren't suspecting. A kid or a pregnant woman with a gun can kill you just as dead as a convicted felon. Terrorists use women and children all the time for just that reason....people don't suspect them. That's just a sad reality in this day and age.
    msgt/ret, thephanatik and Xader like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'll go with the explanation provided. They are non-traditional targets to aid in the prevention of hesitation by law enforcement when confronted with a threat that they aren't suspecting. A kid or a pregnant woman with a gun can kill you just as dead as a convicted felon. Terrorists use women and children all the time for just that reason....people don't suspect them. That's just a sad reality in this day and age.
    Trouble is you are most likely right, however it can also desensitize one not to hesitate in shooting children, women(pregnant or not), older people if a situation arose where law abiding citizens refused to give up their weapons..... Just saying.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Sort of like the training photo with the busty blonde in a car with her blouse half undone. Everybody in the class was a no shoot. All died. She had a Glock in her hand pointing dead at them
    Last edited by Ghost1958; February 20th, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
    OldVet, msgt/ret and thephanatik like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Sort of like the training photo with the busty blonde in a car with her blouse half undone. Everybody in the class was a no shoot. All died. She had a clock in her hand pointing dead at them
    I guess the clock meant their time was up. Sorry couldn't resist.
    Crowman and Ghost1958 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Desensitization me believes.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Nothing new here. For more than twenty years you have been able to get targets at most ranges in the Washington D.C. Metro area with pictures of friends of mine.
    My old department was going to use them for training but decided it could be a problem if any of them worked plain clothes and called for backup while holding someone at gunpoint.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I guess the clock meant their time was up. Sorry couldn't resist.
    LOL good one lol fixed it
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Targets, though disturbing to some, make sense. We trained to not hesitate by the appearance of a person. What is disturbing is this comment by an officer:

I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty).
    That is truly disturbing. I mean seriously, this guy needs to seek professional help.
    atctimmy and Secret Spuk like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I guess the hypocrisy of all of the liberal "but its for the children" is just glaring to me.

And a kid can make a play gun out of legos and get kicked out of school.

My guess is if a range was offering targets that looked like anti-gun liberal public figures that wouldn't fly.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Targets, though disturbing to some, make sense. We trained to not hesitate by the appearance of a person. What is disturbing is this comment by an officer:

That is truly disturbing. I mean seriously, this guy needs to seek professional help.
    That is so wrong on so many levels. In fact, I am uncomfortable with all of this...

Except for the old woman in the purple robe. You know she is up to no good. The meth is being cooked in the basement while she shelters no less than 3 fugitive sons up stairs. Oh, and there is the prostitution ring going on in the garage. You know, the one where they record everything so they can blackmail persons in power.

I have some mixed feelings about this. I understand why they are being used, to prepare the Police for unthinkable encounters. Since they are human, the reaction to shooting an armed person such as depicted in these posters would be repulsive. Yet, the slightest hesitation on their part could result in the injury or death of a Police Officer if actually confronted by a person like these. We have seen this too many times.

Still, it is a bit disturbing to actually see them.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links