West Virginia and proud of it!

West Virginia and proud of it!

This is a discussion on West Virginia and proud of it! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; how_west_virginia_sees_america.jpg...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: West Virginia and proud of it!

VIP Member

Thumbs up West Virginia and proud of it!

JoJoGunn and atctimmy like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    That's great! I live in "talk Normal!"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm stuck in the "Mouse trap." Pay a fortune to stand in long lines. Oh, don't want to stand in long lines? Buy this other expensive pass to stand in the "don't stand in long lines" line. What a tourist scam.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well, I almost talk normal AND grew up in Mardi gras...... good enough.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Short story about "talking normal" to coincide with your map.

Me and friends went to Westminster, SC to visit some gals we met at Myrtle Beach at their invitation. (This was in 1975 in case the wife might be looking)

Only place to find a motel was in Toccoa, GA a few miles down the road. I wandered into an Eckerd Drug Store to purchase some 35mm film for my camera and it was behind the counter on a rack near the ceiling of the store. I suppose they have had a lot of theft of that particular item.

As I am gazing at the film, the gal behind the counter says in that soft nearly inaudible syrup-like Georgia accent "Can I hep ya?"

"Yes m'am" I replied, "I'd like to by a roll of the 35mm 20 exposure film up there" in my normal voice and pointing to the rack.

"Excuse me?!?" Her reply.

I repeated the request.

Her reply, "Ya'll don't have to shout at me! I heard ya'll the first time."

"Lady," I replied, "I am not shouting at you." "Can I please get a roll of film."

As she turned around to get the film I heard her utter under her breath, "You New Yawkers are ALL alike!"

To which I replied, "Lady. I am not from New York, I live in West Virginia. I also live BELOW the Mason-Dixon Line and since WE won the Civil War, we now have our own state. Give me my roll of film, please!"

In dead silence she rang up my purchase, I paid in cash and left. Geeezzz!
    goldshellback likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links