What is this Conspiracy I hear about so often (keep it gun connsfication)

This is a discussion on What is this Conspiracy I hear about so often (keep it gun connsfication) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I keep hearing that the goverrnment has a conspiracy to take our guns so they can pass any laws and o what they want to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is this Conspiracy I hear about so often (keep it gun connsfication)

I keep hearing that the goverrnment has a conspiracy to take our guns so they can pass any laws and o what they want to us. Also, to allow the UN into the US and have one world government.

I guess I am at a loss to see where the conspriacy is.

Conspricay:
    1. A secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
    2. The action of plotting or conspiring.
    OK, what is the secret plan?
    Who is doing the conspiring?
    Wha is the unlawful or harmful act? (that is actually the easy one and I might actually agree with it)

For a conspiracy the three things above need to be satisfied.

I do not see how it is a secret plan when documents from State Department Freedom of War 7277 was a published document and President Kennedy did a speach before the General Assembly of the UN about it. Also, this can't be the doing of Obama alone. If it was why did he wait till his second term? Not enough will get done. Folks complain about him trampling our rights with EO's to by pass congress. Well, go back and look at other administrations and do a comparisn. So has this conspiracy been going on for decades? If soo it needs to meet the other parts of the definition:secret plan by a group

How about Occam's Razor. Did it ever occur to folks that we as a people are too stupid and too lazy to vote in the folks that could make good decisions for us? How about that folks like Obama and other democrates/liberals really beleive that guns are just bad. Not to take them away from us so they can control us. Yada yada...Germany took away guns, yada yada, Pol Pot took away guns. But what about the vast majority of countries that have strict gun control laws? Where is the government death camps in Lituania, Iceland, Norway, England, Australia, Canada, Slovenia, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal, Spain, S. Korea, Japan, Finland, ..need I go on.
    The historical examples of tyranny are anamolies, not the norm at all. And their were many other factors leading up to the atrocities that happened in those countries.

OK...your turn.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

This is really odd, lately I have been thinking about a possible conspiracy. I haven’t gone over all the facts yet and want to do more research. Here is what I see and think. I did a study research on the relation of gun laws to gun crimes. I found that 66% of deaths are gun related (this includes suicides, murder, homicide.... I know suicide shouldn’t be counted but you know the "anits" will roll it in). Of that 66%, 52% where handguns. That leaves 14% for shotguns, and rifles. Let’s say 7% used "assault"(ar-15, ak-47, sks....) style rifles. Now you give me one good logical reason they would want to take our "assault" style weapons? It’s not because they are the most used, easiest to conceal. "Assault" style rifles are designed to fight with. If the government decides to take all firearms, they know that these Hi-cap mags, "assault" style Weapons, will give them the most opposition. If SHTF and there is a platoon sized element marching towards your house, are you going to fight back with a handgun or a rifle? I think they want to remove "assault" style weapons to make it easier to come and get the rest. just some food for thought. The citation on that information is a data base through my school I will add the Title when I can find it. Another good book is "violence and firearms" (the national academies)

Works Cited:
    1)Wellford, Charles F. E Pepper, John V. E Petrie, Carol V. Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review. The National Academies Press, 2004. Book

2)Makarios, Matthew D., and Travis C. Pratt. "The Effectiveness Of Policies And Programs That Attempt To Reduce Firearm Violence: A Meta-Analysis." Crime & Delinquency 58.2 (2012): 222-244. ERIC. Web. 13 Feb. 2013.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

66% of deaths are gun related
    Of all deaths in the US?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    You're right, there is no conspiracy. They don't hide it anymore.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Of all deaths in the US?
    According to the UCR, 10,179 murders were committed with firearms in the United States in 2000, corresponding to a rate of 3.6 per 100,000.8 This count is down from a historic high in 1993 of 17,046 firearm-related murders (6.6 per 100,000). Handguns were used to commit 52 percent of all homicides, and firearms of any kind were used to commit 66 percent of all homicides in that year; 14 percent were committed with knives or other cutting implements, and 7 percent were achieved with hands, feet, or other “personal weapons.” right from the book
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

Quote Originally Posted by Joshp689 View Post
    According to the UCR, 10,179 murders were committed with firearms in the United States in 2000, corresponding to a rate of 3.6 per 100,000.8 This count is down from a historic high in 1993 of 17,046 firearm-related murders (6.6 per 100,000). Handguns were used to commit 52 percent of all homicides, and firearms of any kind were used to commit 66 percent of all homicides in that year; 14 percent were committed with knives or other cutting implements, and 7 percent were achieved with hands, feet, or other “personal weapons.” right from the book
    I knew what you meant..just the wayit was written could be mis understood as 66 percent of all deaths, not deaths from murder and homicide.

by the book just as many deathes were caused by knifes and other sharp weapons, as non handgun firearms. and non handgun firearms inclued Hunting rifle, shotgun, and "assault" style rifles if we break that up in to three even groups(shotgun, hunting rifle, assualt rifle) they each are at just over 4.5%. now you tell me why they want our "assualt" rifles, even though the account for the smallest precent? from my quote you are more likely to die because you got got punched, stomped or beaten with a blunt object, than and "assualt" rifle. but they still want them, why? can you give me any reason?
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

TVJ
    This is one big Rorschach test.

There is enough real ambiguity at this stage to see both sides. The Constitutional problem remains in either case. I side with that, period.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Ever hear of Agenda 21? these 'Traitors' know what is fast approaching. They are trying to clear the path for a smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    Ever hear of Agenda 21? these 'Traitors' know what is fast approaching. They are trying to clear the path for a smooth transition.
    A question to answer a question...the hallmark technique of evading a question. And yes, I have...want to go into that now? Who in our government, past and present, is "they"?

BTW: Agenda 21 is not a "secret"....hence no conspiracy.

Great points suntzu. I agree that it can't be called a conspiracy, simply because it is an openly stated goal of the UN. There is nothing secret about it. Additionally, although it would be horrible to repeal the second amendment and confiscate firearms, it would be far from illegal. Of course, its highly unlikely that there will ever be a 2/3 majority in both the house and senate to even approve an amendment to repeal the 2nd, and even more unlikely that 3/4 of the states would ratify that amendment.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Obama himself is all about his liberal legacy as President. He got health care passed when no other President to date could in his first term. I dont think guns no guns is actually what he gives to hoots about it himself or he would have brought it up in his first term.
    No what he is after now and using the normal suspects to help him get it is to pass gun control that has never been shoved thru before so he can point to it as an accomplishment of his Presidency along with health care. Not saying either is a good thing but from his base and point of view it is.
    That the UN would love to disarm the US is no secret. That most, not all Presidents would rather we not be armed but werent willing to go to the idiocy to accomplish it as our present one was no secret.. They were smart enough to know that attempting it win or lose is a lose for them also. Confiscation would not be a peaceful endeavor. This nation would never be the same after such an attempt nor the effort to fight back and rearm which would never stop.

At one time the extent of what was at least hopefully planned was kept under wraps with only glimpses and trial ballons flown then dropped. This time is a full out push that gets worse by the day and I fear that even some in power that claim to be on our side are not.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The present arms regs we live under now are a proof of the first part of that quote. The first firearm reg that was passed was illegal and the government knew it but did it anyway.
    Now the push for absolute power even though it is delusional to believe the Federal government can achieve it without ripping this nation apart in the process, is underway. I only hope and pray our system as corrupt as it is will have enough true Americans that believe in what our nation was founded on to stop it peacefully.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Agenda 21 came out in the early 1960s. The UN has wanted to Disarm America since before that I'm pretty sure. I've read so much on this stuff since the early 90s it's difficult to keep track of all of it. Bottom line is [B]They[B] need to kill 90% of the world's population to make their Utopia work.

My Sister thinks Obama is the Anti Christ. I think the Anti Christ is one of the Popes that's coming up their ladder.

When they get their New World Order there will be a new one world Religion too. No it won't be Islam. No it won't be Christianity. As I understand it it will be based on the physiology of the planet Earth and all of her flora and fauna.

Honestly if anyone has not learned that what we are aware of that the Federal government is doing that is obviously illegal immoral and simply wrong in 80 percent of the areas it has any influence at all both domestically and foreign is the tip of the ice burg of what they actually are doing we dont know about, and nothing compared to what they are capable of of planning/doing in the future, there is no waking that person up to that fact.
    Its been proven over and over and over that our government will betray is own military, make allies of enemy nations only to make allies of them again if that is to this governments advantage with no sense of honor right or wrong.

Take away any and every Constitutional right that is capable of taking or limiting, whenever it is given a chance.
    Confiscation is the aim, and likely not their highest or most reprehensible target.

Not seeing this and giving one inch is simply committing slow suicide as far as confiscation goes. And over half of gun owners bleat some support for checks etc. Simply read the news and study history. Its there to see.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Just don't forget that the first American Revolution was started by a government trying to disarm the citizens.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links