Where do you work that is 2A friendly?

This is a discussion on Where do you work that is 2A friendly? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This seems like the only forum that this post won't seem out of place. I'm fixing to graduate college in May and while putting in ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KoriBustard

Thread: Where do you work that is 2A friendly?

This seems like the only forum that this post won't seem out of place. I'm fixing to graduate college in May and while putting in resumes and trying to get a job I thought it'd be nice to know of companies that might be CC friendly. I'm not looking for a company war and as little or as much detail as you would like to share, but I'm just wondering do any of yall work now or in the past for a CC friendly company? In years past I have worked for my dad at his convenience store and he welcomes everybody that CC's.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Gun Shop.

Edit: I don't work at one, but that's probably as 2A friendly as you can get.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    At home with a flag out front

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I think we have a winner.

I was going to say gun companies, but now i'm not too sure. Think they would let you ccw in the office? Who knows.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    My workplace is very 2A friendly. CCW is not just allowed it is encouraged. In fact, my workplace includes a safe that contains a number of firearms as well as ammunition. Everyone in my workplace is trained in the use of firearms. I should mention, I work from home.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I am a remote worker and that is exactly what my workplace looks like. The trend is to more remote workplace scenarios, I would look at companies with that option. It is not for everybody as there is limited interaction with coworkers, but something to think about.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

New Member Array knotquiteawake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I am a remote worker and that is exactly what my workplace looks like. The trend is to more remote workplace scenarios, I would look at companies with that option. It is not for everybody as there is limited interaction with coworkers, but something to think about.
    Another remote worker here. I pack heat all day. Heck, if it gets uncomfortable I'll just pop it out of the holster and set it on the desk. Maybe unload it and do some dry firing trigger control exercises while I'm on the phone with customers.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
    Another remote worker here. I pack heat all day. Heck, if it gets uncomfortable I'll just pop it out of the holster and set it on the desk. Maybe unload it and do some dry firing trigger control exercises while I'm on the phone with customers.
    Good time to do some gun cleaning and maintenance too.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

New Member Array knotquiteawake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Good time to do some gun cleaning and maintenance too.
    Good idea. This would require me to clean off enough space on my desk to be able to do that... sometimes "no accountability" can be a bad thing

Well, Since I work for myself I recon it is up to me. So me says yes. I have one employee and she will also be carriyng soon.
    I Love Guns!!!

Home
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    What kind of work are you looking for? What's your degree in?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The last place I worked was pretty gun friendly. Maintenance at a campground. Not some small willy nilly campground either. Over 700 acres. If this place had of had it's own stand alone Hydro plant and gas/diesel there would be no reason to leave ever. All the amenities minus a school.

My 1st job at a welding/fab shop was uber 2A friendly. Show and Tell Fridays at lunchtime. From the Boss/owner to the guy at the bottom (me) 14 great guys and 1 grumpy Gus.
    I learned (self taught) basic welding there. They had 2 of the coolest Forklifts you ever saw. "Alice", Allis-Chalmers tractor and a Beast that was screamin' LOUD. Sometimes we built Fire Trucks there.

Links