And NOW: The Academy Award for Stupidty Goes To:

This is a discussion on And NOW: The Academy Award for Stupidty Goes To: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, I was talking to a guy at a Fed-Ex Kinko's about shipping rates and guns etc. And he tells me this story: little awhile ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By detective
  • 3 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By SC Tiger

Thread: And NOW: The Academy Award for Stupidty Goes To:

So, I was talking to a guy at a Fed-Ex Kinko's about shipping rates and guns etc. And he tells me this story:

little awhile ago with store real crowded, real big guy walks in with a rifle that looks like it was right off a battlefield, held up and to an angle, both hands on it, no case or anything anywhere to be seen, ready to go with one hand near the trigger and a clip in the gun.

Everyone in the store and the clerk I was talking to freezes in terror expecting momentarily a fusillade of shots, death a second away. He walks right up to the clerk, moves the rifle so it's pointing at his face & then chest - and then plops it down on the scale and growls: "How much to Atlanta?"

I can see a CCW drawing and firing - or someone calling 911 and cop-cars screaming up and, if they have a description, many guns out pointing at the guy as he walks away down the street to his car - with maybe a couple firing.

Clerk said when he finally recovered his senses he asked the guy if he had a case or cover for the gun, guy told him packing it for shipping was the Clerk's job, "not mine!". Clerk asks then if the magazine is loaded and guy says "Don't worry; I know about all the rules!" Tosses the cash down for the shipping costs, grabs the receipt and aggressively walks out.

I think people like this give a bad name to all gunners and ought to be arrested for Felony Stupidity.
    NONAME762 likes this.

1) Rifle man was/is a BUFFOON 2) Rifle man was very lucky he left under his own steam instead of on a stretcher or Stokes 3) Upon recovery clerk should check MAGAZINE and unload it if necessary. Finish wrapping/packing rifle and wrap magazine separately then place wrapped magazine inside wrapped rifle. Not knowing procedure for shipping loose ammo w/Fed-Ex I would wrap it separate and secure it in locked drawer out of sight of customers. 4) Close out cash drawer. Go to restroom and check boxers and have a smoke. 5) Finish out my shift. 6) Go home and pour a 3 finger drink. Check the Want Ads for a New Job.
    detective, AZ_Larz_NY and darbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    1) Rifle man was/is a BUFFOON 2) Rifle man was very lucky he left under his own steam instead of on a stretcher or Stokes 3) Upon recovery clerk should check MAGAZINE and unload it if necessary. Finish wrapping/packing rifle and wrap magazine separately then place wrapped magazine inside wrapped rifle. Not knowing procedure for shipping loose ammo w/Fed-Ex I would wrap it separate and secure it in locked drawer out of sight of customers. 4) Close out cash drawer. Go to restroom and check boxers and have a smoke. 5) Finish out my shift. 6) Go home and pour a 3 finger drink. Check the Want Ads for a New Job.
    I think that about covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    So, I was talking to a guy at a Fed-Ex Kinko's about shipping rates and guns etc. And he tells me this story:

little awhile ago with store real crowded, real big guy walks in with a rifle that looks like it was right off a battlefield, held up and to an angle, both hands on it, no case or anything anywhere to be seen, ready to go with one hand near the trigger and a clip in the gun.

Everyone in the store and the clerk I was talking to freezes in terror expecting momentarily a fusillade of shots, death a second away. He walks right up to the clerk, moves the rifle so it's pointing at his face & then chest - and then plops it down on the scale and growls: "How much to Atlanta?"

I can see a CCW drawing and firing - or someone calling 911 and cop-cars screaming up and, if they have a description, many guns out pointing at the guy as he walks away down the street to his car - with maybe a couple firing.

Clerk said when he finally recovered his senses he asked the guy if he had a case or cover for the gun, guy told him packing it for shipping was the Clerk's job, "not mine!". Clerk asks then if the magazine is loaded and guy says "Don't worry; I know about all the rules!" Tosses the cash down for the shipping costs, grabs the receipt and aggressively walks out.

I think people like this give a bad name to all gunners and ought to be arrested for Felony Stupidity.
    You can't fix stupid
    NONAME762 likes this.

unless all of Kinkos staff has substantial firearms training with many many types of firearm I don't want to be in a store with some green staffer trying to check if a gun is loaded or not. That is just asking for a negligent discharge. The owner of the firearm should demonstrate to the packer in a safe manor that the weapon is unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCO View Post
    unless all of Kinkos staff has substantial firearms training with many many types of firearm I don't want to be in a store with some green staffer trying to check if a gun is loaded or not. That is just asking for a negligent discharge. The owner of the firearm should demonstrate to the packer in a safe manor that the weapon is unloaded.
    Normally I would agree with you. In this situation I don't want the owner anywhere near me.

What a moron.

And what was posted above. LOL!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Links