I was with the SEAL Teams

This is a discussion on I was with the SEAL Teams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So there I was !!! Visiting a couple buddies at a local sports bar/Tavern type place Friday night. I was wearing an issued tan soft ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: I was with the SEAL Teams

I was with the SEAL Teams

So there I was !!!

Visiting a couple buddies at a local sports bar/Tavern type place Friday night. I was wearing an issued tan soft shell jacket with zippers galore with both arms velcroed with American Flags and a Calico Jack patch. I never wear DUI's (designated unit insignia) in public but I suppose I looked like a veteran. So this rather kinda large dude asks "Are you military?" I just said "Yes, retired" He replies "I was with the SEAL Teams" ...................where have we heard this before ?

I thanked him for his service. After listening to some total butt hurt stories I asked him "So what is that second phase of SEAL training like that we here so much about?" He starts talking about weapons. He became expert with the "Colt rifle" and many other NATO weapons such as the AK47, RPK etc, etc, etc.

Problem is is that second phase of BUD/S is DIVE PHASE..........................

Time to go play the juke box and move seats.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

I was lonely... sue me.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Bless his little heart......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I don't bother with idiots like that anymore.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I once heard a "Fantasy Marine Sniper" at the bar tell that he carried 500 rounds for his .50,and shot them all in one firefight.
    Skygod and pittypat21 like this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

If you're not talking to a SEAL, you're always talking to someone who was "going to be a seal"

During a trip to Thunder Ranch, Clint Smith made the remark that it seemed like everyone who had been in the military had been Special Forces, a SEAL or a sniper. No one claimed to be a cook or a truck driver. "Somebody had to drive the trucks!" he said.

I piped up, "I drove the sniper truck."
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    During a trip to Thunder Ranch, Clint Smith made the remark that it seemed like everyone who had been in the military had been Special Forces, a SEAL or a sniper. No one claimed to be a cook or a truck driver. "Somebody had to drive the trucks!" he said.

I piped up, "I drove the sniper truck."
    I sealed and pealed .... trash bags and taters... anyhow, in my heart I was with the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Problem is is that second phase of BUD/S is DIVE PHASE..........................
    That's only what they tell everyone. It's well known SEALS already know how to swim. It's really where they learn advanced weapons manipulation that cannot be shown to anyone else.

I shouldn't be telling you this, since I was in SEAL team Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    Skygod, CLASS3NH, Taurahe and 2 others like this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Code one-delta ten tango comes to mind. I.D.I.O.T.
    OnePlink and RookWV like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I wouldn't have the stones to B.S. like that.
    Too much respect for our guys ( cooks to SEALS)
    and afraid I'd get called out by the real thing.

I'm fine with the fact that I'm destined to be a boring old military musician.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Reminds me of a situation I had at the San Diego airport a few years ago. Sitting at the bar having a beer as my flight was delayed and this young, apparently despondent, man sat next to me. We get talking. He claimed he had just flunked out of SEAL training and wasn't sure how he was going to break the news to friends/family. Was he telling me the truth? I dunno. He "looked" like the kind of guy that could have been a SEAL candidate (physically), or maybe he had had a few. "Stolen value" it is sometimes called.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I hope he did not trip over his flippers

VIP Member
    I would have laughed right in his face and walked away.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links