18th century assalt rifle

This is a discussion on 18th century assalt rifle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Girandoni air rifle Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark. A National Firearms Museum Treasure Gun. - YouTube Getting this up to firing ...

Thread: 18th century assalt rifle

18th century assalt rifle

Girandoni air rifle
    Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark. A National Firearms Museum Treasure Gun. - YouTube
    Getting this up to firing pessure must have taken a while
    "It's better to avoid than to run, better to run than to de-escalate, better to de-escalate than to fight, better to fight than to die." ~ Rory Miller in _Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected_
    By way of Cornered Cat

2. Remove Ads

Was actually just at the National Firearms Museum today and saw that thing in person. Pretty crazy piece of equipment for 1779.
    I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory;
    Psalm 44:6-8
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    Matthew 5:9

[QUOTE=Ally;2625604]Girandoni air rifle
    Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark. A National Firearms Museum Treasure Gun. - YouTube
    Getting this up to firing pessure must have taken a while[/QUOT

]Considering the Historical Significance of this 46cal Air Rifle of all the videos I've ever seen on YouTube this one takes the Grand Prize. And considering the ramifications Lewis expressed as to their vulnerability to attack it's easy to see why he kept the natives guessing.

It's too bad we don't have a modern version of this fine weapon. Against the Enemy of Freedom in the coming Second American Revolution I can see where this rifle would give us a Tremendous Advantage.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links