Got a scare this morning

This is a discussion on Got a scare this morning within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I got a bit of a scare at QuikTrip this morning. I had gotten my drink and snack, and just closed the door after ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Shrieken

Thread: Got a scare this morning

Got a scare this morning

So I got a bit of a scare at QuikTrip this morning. I had gotten my drink and snack, and just closed the door after hopping in the Jeep when I heard it. I was confused. "How could it possibly be here?", I thought. But I knew I had heard it. The haunting, almost unmistakable howl of a leaper zombie. I froze, listening for the sound again and there it was again, but softer.

I took a breath and decided that I hadn't heard what I heard. Something had mimicked the sound, or just come close and my brain made the connection. But for an instant. That one, terrifying instant, I was back in Ravenholm. Back in the fetid wastes of the remnants of humanity. Fighting for freedom. Fighting for my very life.

λ

If you don't understand, just move on. Those of you who know what I'm talking about, you know how terrifying that sound is.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I loved that part of the game. Delivering circular saw blades into zombie faces via gravity gun was a blast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Decaf . . . and not so much of that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What, exactly, is in your drink and snack? Inquiring minds need to know.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

"What the hell was that?!" -Mayors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, August 1945

We don't go there anymore.....
    TexasTerri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerri View Post
    What, exactly, is in your drink and snack? Inquiring minds need to know.
    Well, it's not particularly relevant as I hadn't partaken of them yet, but soda and M&Ms.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Man, talk about a game that I could just not get into. I think I should have tried it on the Xbox instead of pc.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    If you don't understand, just move on.
    Moving on...
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Something similar happens to me. I bought a new CD of a band I liked, and played it as background music while playing Silent Hill (the original; and awesome horror game). Now when I hear that CD though, I get a bit of an adrenaline rush. I was a scary game!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Links