Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America)

This is a discussion on Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; tommorrow i get hand printed for the time clock they installed last week. have been carrying their chip implanted timecard /gate entrance badge for a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America)

tommorrow i get hand printed for the time clock they installed last week.
    have been carrying their chip implanted timecard /gate entrance badge for a couple of years .when it was announce we were going to the mag striped DL , i went down and paid the extra 20 dollars to renew my oldstyle drivers license .

to much is to much and i intend to force them to pay me for clocking in and out . being it takes 30 seconds for each person and we have a 100 folks trying to leave at the same time. prob a lost cause ?

elance

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    They can just scan your face for your uniquely different hot & cold capillary pattern areas which are as 100% individual as fingerprints.

The technology is here already and ultra high security installations are using the system already.

Even identical twins have radically different and uniquely individual face patterning.

It's a security system that so far has proved to be impossible to disguise or defeat.
    Your distinct capillary pattern never changes from the time you're born until you croak.
    I had never heard of this before your post.
    I have a hard time believing that these capillary patterns don't fluctuate over time, or with various degrees of exertion or stress, or even facial expression.

And I thought of one way that I would investigate trying to defeat the detectors: laser surgery.

They currently use lasers to do things like remove tattoos... or "port wine stain" birthmarks! They use lasers in vein surgery all the time, don't they?

I'd like to read more comments on this, and ways that the system could be stymied.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I realize were we are heading and working for the G'ment I have provided my fingerprints and DNA to get my DOJ clearence. I will stop at the chip, but I don't know if any of us can prevent facial rec. when it comes.
    You gonna give up your job when they demand it? Or will you grumble, sigh, and consent like I'm sure many were doing when they gave up the DNA sample.

I remember stories of some Marines refusing to give a cheek swab when that came to be required. I wonder what ever became of them -- or of their resistance, at any rate.

Gonna be funny to see what the government does about muslim women if they want to start controlling our comings and goings via facial recognition. They already had lawsuits when they told a muslim woman she couldn't have her driver's license photo taken with the face veil on!

What if we all just said, "Screw it!" and started wearing masks every day? Would they outlaw that? What about those simple "Robin"-style eyemasks? Wouldn't that defeat the system?

I just started reading the novel "Cell," by Stephen King.
    It's not as well-written as many of his others from years past, but it has an interesting premise. For gun owners: in the hardbound edition, check out the scene on pages 80-83! (The characters realize that MA's strict anti-gun laws have left them without a very useful tool!)

Senior Moderator
    Peaceful, you have a point.
    With a house to pay for and a baby on the way, I would not quit without having another job first. My movements are tracked in our buliding via the ID I must wear at all times. I can take the ID off when I leave, which is a difference from the chip. I did not mind the DNA because of the nature of my work.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Now why did y'all have to go and ruin my day here, before I even STARTED my first cup of coffee?

For shame.

I work with RFID (non human uses of course). Do not fear RFID. The range is laughably short. You have to subject it to a strong magnetic field to induce a current to make it transmit. To turn it on from a large distance would take so much power it would severely disrupt electric devices and electronics.

Also, to destroy an RFID would require a device that could be built by almost anybody (without even taking it out!). A VHS eraser magnet could be used for most of them.

Folks, these are not tracking devices in the Mission: Impossible sense. They require expensive detectors to be a few feet AT MOST from the chip. Instead of being afraid of the government tracking you (make no mistake, I'm for severly limiting governement access to my activities), be afraid of identity thieves tracking your information. The government already knows all about you.

Spectre:

I thank you for restoring my ability to enjoyably ingest my java.

Administrator

Wink Possibly A Bit Outdated

But, I sort of still like the Human Bar Coding Method Best.

Senior Moderator
    We could take a Sharpie and mees up the barcodes LOL. I think they will just use the GPS in our cell phones to keep track of us.

Administrator

Post Biometric Technology for Human Identification IV (DS36)

This is genuine folks. Because of the unusual format/style it was posted in did not "copy & paste" too well in an ordinary text block & that is why some of the words are all run together in the final text. I "fixed" some of them but not all.

Positive and reliable automatic identification of humans is a very important topic in a number of law enforcement (e.g., criminal investigation), government (e.g., border control), and commercial (e.g., logical and physical access control) applications.
    Surrogate representations of identity such as passwords and physical tokens fail to provide satisfactory level of security in the current electronic era.
    Biometrics-based authentication techniques utilize physical and behavioral characteristics (e.g., fingerprint, iris, voice, gait, and face) to either verify a claimed identity (biometric verification) or establish the identity of an individual (biometric identification).
    With increased emphasis on security, there is a growing and urgent need to automatically identify humans both locally and remotely on a routine basis.

The purpose of this conference is to provide a scientific
    forum for researchers, engineers, system architects, and designers to report recent advances in this important area of human identification using biometrics. Suggested topics for presentation include, but are not limited to:
    Biometric Modalities
    • fingerprint and palmprint
    • face (grayscale, color, thermography, 3D face shape, face video, etc.)
    • iris
    • hand geometry
    • speech
    • signature/handwriting
    • gait
    • key stroke dynamics
    • multi-modal biometrics. Biometric System Design and Evaluation
    • sensing and data acquisition
    • performance evaluation
    • scalable biometric identification architectures
    • real-time embedded biometric systems
    • integration and deployment with smart cards
    • template aging
    • template protection, compromise detection, and revocation
    • system inter-operability and integration issues
    • liveness (spoof) detection
    • individuality assessment.Biometric Applications
    • travel and transportation
    • border control
    • homeland security
    • healthcare
    • banking and finance
    • access control
    • airport security
    • law enforcement
    • automotive
    • cybersecurity
    • biometrics in government: e-authentication
    • encryption and watermarking.

Proceedings of this conference will be printed and available at the meeting.
    On-site Manuscript Due Date: 15 January 2007 Prospective authors are required to submit an additional supplemental file (maximum of 6 pages including text, figures, and bibliography) to be considered for this conference.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Page 2
    Submission of Abstracts for SPIE Defense and Security Symposium Abstract Due Date: 25 September 2006 Prospective authors are required to submit an additional supplemental file (maximum of 6 pages including text, figures, and bibliography) to be considered for acceptance in this conference.
    Abstracts, if accepted, will be printed and distributed at, or before the meeting.
    On-Site Proceedings Manuscript Due Date: 15 January 2007IMPORTANT! Submissions imply the intent of at least one author to register, attend the symposium, present the paper (either orally or in poster format), and submit a full-length manuscript for publication in the conference Proceedings.
    By submitting your abstract you warrant that all clearances and permissions have been obtained, and authorize SPIE to circulate your abstract to conference committee members for review and selection purposes and if it is accepted, to publish your abstract in conferenceannouncements and publicity All authors (including invited or solicited speakers), program committee members, and session chairs are responsible for registering and paying the reduced author, session chair, program committee registration fee. (Current SPIE Members receive a discount on theregistration fee.)
    Instructions for Submitting Abstracts via Web
    You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to submit abstracts using the “submit an abstract” link at:http:/spie.org/events/dssSubmitting directly on the Web ensures that your abstract will be immediately accessible by the conference chair for review through MySPIE, SPIE’s author/chair web site.
    Please note! When submitting your abstract you must provide contact information for all authors, summarize your paper, and identify the contact author who will receive correspondence about the submission and who must submit the manuscript and all revisions.
    Please have this information available before you begin the submission process.
    First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the create new account link.
    You can simplify account creation by using your SPIE ID# which is found on SPIE membership cards or the label of any SPIE mailing.
    If you do not have web access, you may E-MAIL each abstract separately to: abstracts@spie.org in ASCII text (not encoded) format.
    There will be a time delay for abstracts submitted via e-mail as they will not be immediately processed for chair review.
    IMPORTANT! To ensure proper processing of your abstract, the SUBJECT line must include only :SUBJECT: DS36, Prabhakar/RossYour abstract submission must include all of the following:
    1.PAPER TITLE
    2. AUTHORS (principal author first) For each author: First (given)name (initials not acceptable), Last (family) name, Affiliation,Mailing address, Telephone, Fax, and Email address.
    3.PRESENTATION PREFERENCE "Oral Presentation" or "PosterPresentation."
    4.PRINCIPAL AUTHOR’S BIOGRAPHY Approximately 50 words.
    5.ABSTRACT TEXT Approximately 250 words.
    Prospective authors are required to submit an additional supplemental file (maximum of 6 pages including text, figures,and bibliography) to be considered for acceptance in this conference.
    6.KEYWORDS Maximum of five keywords. Conditions of Acceptance Authors are expected to secure funding for registration fees, travel,and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
    Only original material should be submitted. Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development/content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this symposium. Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
    Government and company clearance to present and publish should be final at the time of submittal.
    If you are a DoD contractor, allow atleast 60 days for clearance.
    Authors are required to warrant to SPIEin advance of publication of the Proceedings that all necessary permissions and clearances have been obtained, and that submitting authors are authorized to transfer copyright of the paper to SPIE.Review, Notification, Program Placement To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content.
    Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations.
    SPIE’sdecision on whether to accept a presentation or publish amanuscript is final. Applicants will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 27 November 2006
    Notification of acceptance will be placed on SPIE Web the week of 1 January 2007 at http://spie.org/events/dssFinal placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs'discretion.
    Instructions for oral and poster presentations will be sent to you by e-mail.
    All oral and poster presentations require presentation at the meeting and submission of a manuscript to be included in the Proceedings of SPIE.
    Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital LibraryThese conferences will result in full-manuscript Chair/Editor-reviewed volumes published in the Proceedings of SPIE and in theSPIE Digital Library.
    Correctly formatted, ready-to-print manuscripts submitted in English are required for all accepted oral and poster presentations.
    Electronic submissions are recommended, and result in higher quality reproduction. Submission must be provided in PostScript or MS Word. Instructions will be e-mailed to the contact author and are also available from the “Author Info” link at the conference website.
    Authors are required to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIEor to provide a suitable publication license.
    Papers published are indexed in leading scientific databases including INSPEC, Ei Compendex, Chemical Abstracts, International Aerospace Abstracts, Index to Scientific and Technical Proceedings and NASA Astrophysical Data System, and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library.
    Full manuscripts are available to Digital Library subscribers.
    Late manuscripts may not be published in the conference Proceedings and SPIE Digital Library, whether the conference volume will be published before or after the meeting.
    The objective of this policy is to better serve the conference participants as well as the technical community at large, by enabling timely publication of the Proceedings. Papers not presented at the meeting will not be published in the conference Proceedings, except in the case of exceptional circumstances at the discretion of SPIE and the ConferenceChairs/Editors.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    We could take a Sharpie and mees up the barcodes LOL. I think they will just use the GPS in our cell phones to keep track of us.
    FRT is already in use in the general public.

Tracking of cell phones is already done. Any cell phone built since 2000 is required by law to have the capability.

Chipping is already happening as well. Some of the companies are "donating" the readers depending on the request. In Spain a nightclub allows patrons to pay for drinks via their chip. It may take a proximity reader to read chips as they exist today. An easy solution would be to integrate the scanning technology into road signs, traffic signals etc. Still better than FRT especially in rural areas.

Can any of it be defeated, sure it can. Just takes money.

Watch Gattica and Demolition Man. Somewhere is the truth of our future. Within the past few months they announced DNA scanning to predict health and longevity. Baby engineering has been a reality for several years. Insurance companies are putting the squeeze on unhealthy habits by raising the rates on people who engage in behaviors the insurance companies deem hazardous.

Just a few degrees at a time. The water will eventually boil. Just remember it is all for your safety. Especially the safety of the children. To many Americans believe in a Constitutional right to be safe versus free. Big difference.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Senior Moderator
    Thanks QK I just wet myself

I use the handprint-palm scanner and the fingerprint scanner everyday. I'm just waiting for them to install the facial reconigtion. I just hope the cost will stop them.

I'm just waiting for my chip implant so I can access the Net from anywhere without a computer . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

There you go again, QK...just when I thought it was safe to go back to the break room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links