Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America)

This is a discussion on Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23372564-details/Britons+'could+be+microchipped+like+dogs+in+a+deca de'/article.do Human beings may be forced to be 'microchipped' like pet dogs, a shocking official report into the rise of the Big Brother state ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade' (already done in America)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23372564-details/Britons+'could+be+microchipped+like+dogs+in+a+deca de'/article.do

Human beings may be forced to be 'microchipped' like pet dogs, a shocking official report into the rise of the Big Brother state has warned.

The microchips - which are implanted under the skin - allow the wearer's movements to be tracked and store personal information about them.

They could be used by companies who want to keep tabs on an employee's movements or by Governments who want a foolproof way of identifying their citizens - and storing information about them.

The prospect of 'chip-citizens' - with its terrifying echoes of George Orwell's 'Big Brother' police state in the book 1984 - was raised in an official report for Britain's Information Commissioner Richard Thomas into the spread of surveillance technology.

The report, drawn up by a team of respected academics, claims that Britain is a world-leader in the use of surveillance technology and its citizens the most spied-upon in the free world.

It paints a frightening picture of what Britain might be like in ten years time unless steps are taken to regulate the use of CCTV and other spy technologies.

The reports editors Dr David Murakami Wood, managing editor of the journal Surveillance and Society and Dr Kirstie Ball, an Open University lecturer in Organisation Studies, claim that by 2016 our almost every movement, purchase and communication could be monitored by a complex network of interlinking surveillance technologies.

The most contentious prediction is the spread in the use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.

The RFID chips - which can be detected and read by radio waves - are already used in new UK passports and are also used the Oyster card system to access the London Transport network.

For the past six years European countries have been using RFID chips to identify pet animals.

Already used in America

However, its use in humans has already been trialled in America, where the chips were implanted in 70 mentally-ill elderly people in order to track their movements.

And earlier this year a security company in Ohio chipped two of its employees to allow them to enter a secure area. The glass-encased chips were planted in the recipients' upper right arms and 'read' by a device similar to a credit card reader.

In their Report on the Surveillance Society, the authors now warn: "The call for everyone to be implanted is now being seriously debated."

The authors also highlight the Government's huge enthusiasm for CCTV, pointing out that during the 1990s the Home Office spent 78 per cent of its crime prevention budget - a total of 500 million - on installing the cameras.

There are now 4.2 million CCTV cameras in Britain and the average Briton is caught on camera an astonishing 300 times every day.

This huge enthusiasm comes despite official Home Office statistics showing that CCTV cameras have 'little effect on crime levels'.

They write: "The surveillance society has come about us without us realising", adding: "Some of it is essential for providing the services we need: health, benefits, education. Some of it is more questionable. Some of it may be unjustified, intrusive and oppressive."

Yesterday Information Commissioner Richard Thomas, whose office is investigating the Post Office, HSBC, NatWest and the Royal Bank of Scotland over claims they dumped sensitive customer details in the street, said: "Many of these schemes are public sector driven, and the individual has no choice over whether or not to take part."

"People are being scrutinised and having their lives tracked, and are not even aware of it."

He has also voiced his concern about the consequences of companies, or Government agencies, building up too much personal information about someone.

He said: "It can stigmatise people. I have worries about technology being used to identify classes of people who present some kind of risk to society. And I think there are real anxieties about that."

Yesterday a spokesman for civil liberties campaigners Liberty said: "We have got nothing about these surveillance technologies in themselves, but it is their potential uses about which there are legitimate fears. Unless their uses are regulated properly, people really could find themselves living in a surveillance society.

"There is a rather scary underlying feeling that people may worry that these microchips are less about being a human being than becoming a barcoded product."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, are we going to sit idly by and let the government chip us?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    More than a few years ago when this was first revealed in the general public I did a little experiment. I asked people the following questions about chip technology in humans.

Wouldn't it be great if we could track predators of children so we would know they aren't near schools and such?

Wouldn't it be great if we could track violent felons once they are released from prison?

Wouldn't it be great if the military could track their soldiers so there would be no more MIAs?

Wouldn't it be great if we could track the elderly so if they should wander off we can find them before they suffer serious injury or death?

Wouldn't it be great if medical personnel could scan your chip and have your identifying info and medical history should you be found unconcious?

Wouldn't it be great if we could track kids so when they are abducted they can be quickly found? I mean after all we can do it for cars, why not people.

They will get the convicts and military/police. Then it will be people working in "sensitive" positions. Then the elderly. The kids and the rest will have to follow suit as our consumer economy switches to favor the "chipped". Eventually the .gov will require it just like a driver's license/passport is required today.

Just remember if "it's for the children" it isn't going to be a good thing.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

yep i think most people will set by and let the gubmint Chip them and also install the tv that they can watch you though

Orwell was right he was just off a few years maybe 2014

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I think if you asked most parents if you could "Chip" their children so they could always be found, most parents would happily say "YES".

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    So we all get "chipped" then some basement tech guy will find out how to make fake chips, or how to hide yours, or make you "read out" as someone else.

Then what, we all get "re-chipped"

Bhaaaaaad idea
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    Not gonna happen to this ol phart - even if I have a few years left.

This would here make a total mockery of ''Gov by the people, for the people" - and that's already well far enough down the slippery slope as it is. In a word, it's diabolical.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Does anyone here remember the movie Gattica? If not, rent that movie and watch it. This is a sign of things to come unless something is done about it now.

They take a little today, and a little more tomorrow, and so on until if you are not one of the "chosen" you are an outcast. It will eventually come to being that we are the only people we can count on.

Hollywood and the government have been desensitizing us for years. Look at the Stallone and Schwarzenegger films over the last few years, late 80's - mid-90's in particular.

We, as a populace, see these movies and think htat it is so far in the future that we don't have to worry about it, without realizing that the technologuy is here now, and the movies are set in a time after the technology has been in use.

Just a disclaimer, I am not a conspiracy theorist, or overly paranoid, but lets look at the facts. The technology is here, people want to use it. Fit hits the shan. Movie credits roll.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    They will get the convicts and military/police. Then it will be people working in "sensitive" positions. Then the elderly. The kids and the rest will have to follow suit as our consumer economy switches to favor the "chipped". Eventually the .gov will require it just like a driver's license/passport is required today.
    It's terrifying, but I think you're right.
    I think that even though there are people (us, and these "privacy advocates," etc.) who oppose it on ideological grounds, this stuff will be foist upon us like-it-or-not, very soon.

Those who oppose it will be demonized: "What, you don't support fighting crime / finding lost souls / saving lives / helping the economy / etc. etc.?! If you stand opposed, they will make it seem like you are trying to HIDE something, and must be one of the "bad" people.

And another quote that I think was spot-on:
    Quote Originally Posted by p95carry
    In a word, it's diabolical.
    Yup. There's no better word to describe it.

Senior Moderator
    Here is a link about more Big Brother from Great Britian
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061101/...a_pioneer_dc_1

No wonder we have the Bill of Rights

Those who sacrifice freedom for security will lose the former but never gain the latter.

The same can be said for the loss of privacy and yes I believe it is literally diabolical.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Administrator

Post RFID May Already Be Obsolete - INTERESTING!

RFID might not be the direction they are moving in here in the U.S.

It's possible that implanted RFID is soon to be obsolete technology already before it even starts.

They do not have to implant you to ID you anymore.

They can just scan your face for your uniquely different hot & cold capillary pattern areas which are as 100% individual as fingerprints.

The technology is here already and ultra high security installations are using the system already.

Even identical twins have radically different and uniquely individual face patterning.

It's a security system that so far has proved to be impossible to disguise or defeat.
    Your distinct capillary pattern never changes from the time you're born until you croak.

A possible sneaky scenario would be going in for your drivers license photo & they just pop the photo of your face with 2 cameras instead of one.
    Now your unique (to only you) underlying facial image pattern is mapped/stored and tied directly to your name and then they basically got you.

Then they can do "remote facial recognition" of you from any desired location and know exactly who you are by using a hidden camera tied in to a nationwide computer data base.

It probably won't be too much longer before we'll all be mapped VIA satellite since they can already read a vehicle license plate from space.

Maybe Big Brother has already been watching since advanced technology is usually a decade old...by the time us common folks eventually find out about it.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```
    Just to mention it though slightly off topic
    Have you seen the new facial recognition cell phones yet? I'll bet by X~Mas.
    They are either on the market already or will be very soon. Nobody will be able to steal your phone since you need to use the camera in the phone to pop a quick pic of your face before you can make a call.

Senior Moderator
    Hallowenn was yesterday QK. Now I want be able to sleep, that's to scary

Administrator

It actually is true

It's quite something worth pondering.

It's going to be one weird world that little folks who are kids today are going to grow up in.

I can't even imagine life 30 or 40 years down the road maybe even 20 years. Things are changing very quickly.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    I realize were we are heading and working for the G'ment I have provided my fingerprints and DNA to get my DOJ clearence. I will stop at the chip, but I don't know if any of us can prevent facial rec. when it comes.

Nope, not me...this is still HOME OF THE FREE

Where do you draw the line once this one has been crossed??

Don't like the idea for humans one bit. Yes, it has it's advantages (tracking kids, felons, military), but the disadvantages are darker IMHO.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links