Bianchi Cup!!!!!

This is a discussion on Bianchi Cup!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, am I geeked! My nephew(who is a member here)spec has been invited to compete this year in Columbia Mo. Has anyone ever been to ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Bianchi Cup!!!!!

VIP Member

Bianchi Cup!!!!!

Wow, am I geeked!

My nephew(who is a member here)spec has been invited to compete this year in Columbia Mo.
    Has anyone ever been to the Bianchi Cup to compete, or know anyone who has?

What can you tell us as far as any DO'S & DON'TS as far as getting his pistol there?
    Is it better to send it through the mail, or just take it on the plane and risk, after checking it possibly losing it in the shuffle?
    What about other matches that some of you may have competed in that is on this level such as Camp Perry and the like? Maybe your experience going to those matches can give light and insight to him here.

Comments, suggestions and ideas welcome.
    His dad says he doesn't know if he wants to take off of work to go with my nephew to the match, and I am going to pester him until he does go, as he is already retired from one job, and this job he has now is just to keep him out of trouble so-to-speak.

This is really cool!
    Uncle oneshot is really proud!
    goldshellback likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations! That's very impressive! I wish him the best of luck!
    oneshot likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Personally, I would drive...but I drive everywhere now. I refuse to fly except in the most dire emergencies, thanks to the TSA.

And Good Luck in the competition!

VIP Member
    Thanks lchamp, Jeanlouise, & goldshellback for the like.

Nobody else have anything?

Is it that competitive we're keeping our cards that close to our chest?

lchamp, a close friend of my brother said in passing to my nephew "oh it's not that far I might just drive there".
    I'm even tossing around the idea of giong down there, maybe we might just drive!

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    I can't offer any help on the competition part but I wouldn't trust any airline keeping track of anything. From what I hear there is a fair amount of theft going on with luggage.

If I were you (and you can swing it) I'd make it a 3 guy road trip to the competition. It would be a lot of fun, very interesting and a great experience for all of you.
    lchamp likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The Green Monster has over-ruled any congratuatory comments. But I hope he does well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I can't offer any help on the competition part but I wouldn't trust any airline keeping track of anything. From what I hear there is a fair amount of theft going on with luggage.

If I were you (and you can swing it) I'd make it a 3 guy road trip to the competition. It would be a lot of fun, very interesting and a great experience for all of you.
    ^^^^^^^Thanks^^^^^^
    I spoke to my brother today, and he said he is 98% sure he is going and driving, I said I wanted to go along for the ride, and my sister in law was thinking of going, and taking my other nephew(specs 19 YO brother) for a "vacation".
    This could be fun, sort of,,,
    Long as I don't wind up like the old aunt in the movie Vacation, I should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Green Monster has over-ruled any congratuatory comments. But I hope he does well.

Thanks OldVet^^^^^^

inquiring minds want to know,,,
    What is "The Green Monster"?
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Jealousy
    oneshot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I, too, am jealous, but wish him the best of luck.

As far as driving, you do realize the most direct route takes you through Chicago and all the way across Illinois?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I, too, am jealous, but wish him the best of luck.

As far as driving, you do realize the most direct route takes you through Chicago and all the way across Illinois?

I have mapped it out and if I go with them, we will drive through Toledo, head west on 24 to Ft. Wayne, and down 69 to Indy, then across.
    Hit the Gestapo, er Ill. line, and de-arm & lock'em up & drive straight across into MO, then, well you know.
    10 hour ride, which is all in a days work for me anyway, most days.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!

VIP Member
    When is it?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    When is it?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

May 20-25th 2013 in Columbia Mo.
    I feel a trip to Midway USA is going to be part of this sojourn!

NRA Competitive Shooting Programs|MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup National Championship

2013 Bianchi Cup receives $115,000 donation from MidwayUSA

Links