Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

This is a discussion on Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by P95Carry You may be alone there Sammy! Re ''joke". Jokes can be in bad taste - always that possibility - and IMO ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    You may be alone there Sammy! Re ''joke".

Jokes can be in bad taste - always that possibility - and IMO this was just one such. Our guys need all the support they can get these days and anything like this, I feel denigrates them - and it yanks my chain.
    Yeah, it was tasteless and stupid politically for him to say, but I don't think he meant anything to the troops, just to Bush. That was my point. I spent time in Iraq with the good ole Marine Corps and it didn't offend me. Everyone's different though.

2. Remove Ads

Make up your own excuse or accept his, simple fact is that the man (ha!) has a history of disrespect for the military.

If being a Viet Nam Vet gives you immunity for what ever bull escapes your lips, then I can claim it for myself, just as that idiot does. (Meaning Kerry.)

He is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

However tasteless or wrong he has the right to disrespect the military if he wants to. After watching his speech, imo, he wasn't attempting to disrespect the military with his botched joke.

That doesn't mean I like him (I don't), or that I'm supporting/making excuses for him. It's what I gathered from watching the clips of his speech.

Kerry Is Worth Billions...

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Make up your own excuse or accept his, simple fact is that the man (ha!) has a history of disrespect for the military.

If being a Viet Nam Vet gives you immunity for what ever bull escapes your lips, then I can claim it for myself, just as that idiot does. (Meaning Kerry.)

He is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

mm
    and he can't afford intelligence...
    Anyone who thinks that Kerry didn't mean to 'slam' the military...could not have been watching this clown during the election process.
    Kerry has said many/many disrespectful things about the troops down through the years.
    What a dork!

Stay safe...vote early and vote often!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Score one for the GOP. One mis-speak and you're completely marginalized. As a Dem, I am not a big fan of Kerry. Do I think he's not supportive of our troops or looks down on them, I do not.

Of course we should support and respect those men and women who defend the freedoms we enjoy, but unfortunately I think these days that sentiment and latent guilt from the Nam era is being exploited.

It seems all you have to do to get support for whatever crazy point you want to make is follow it up with "Support our Troops" and the applause follow.

I don't think that's very respectful.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Botched joke or not he missed his opperntunity to correct (and apologize) how people percieved the statement. That makes me think it wasn't a joke. Don't the politicians pay people to write thier speaches? Or did the Ketchup lady cut his spending money and he had to cut back?

Amazing that he'd do something this stupid a week from the elections. I wonder how many people dropped him from campaign appearances because of this.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

To the guys with sign. Thank you very much, for everything you're doing!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    Amazing that he'd do something this stupid a week from the elections. I wonder how many people dropped him from campaign appearances because of this.
    Agreed, Kerry is not handling it well. I believe it was reported that they have canceled his scheduled appearances.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Poor Teresa , she will never get to be queen of amerika as is her due now
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

However tasteless or wrong he has the right to disrespect the military if he wants to.
    Absolutely! But having the right to do so, does NOT make him right. I agree he has the "right" to show his contempt for the military he wanted to be come the Commander in Chief of, to let people know that he in no way should hold any power, whatsoever.

Just for the record, I do think he meant the comment to be towards the President. But I also recall his testimony to Congress back in '71 (?) in which he accused the military in general of daily war crimes, not in isolated incidents, but as a normal practice.

The man is a snake, period.

As for Viet Nam, don't blame the military for that one, either. Again, it was politicians playing politics. We didn't learn the lesson of Korea, that no war should be undertaken without the goal of winning. Had we let the military fight that war, there would not be two Korea's today.

Might not be the most popular opinion, but I say that politicians like Kerry and others of his ilk, have contributed greatly to the enemies we face. And I do question their patriotism. It seems to me that they have forgotten that their loyalty should be for their country, instead, they seem to place "party" over "country."

I don't think anyone has to guess where I stand on politics, anymore.

Off my soapbox, blast away!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Might not be the most popular opinion, but I say that politicians like Kerry and others of his ilk, have contributed greatly to the enemies we face. And I do question their patriotism. It seems to me that they have forgotten that their loyalty should be for their country, instead, they seem to place "party" over "country."
    here here!!

...incidentally, i think he places himself over party even (just one week away from mid-term elections), or just also suffers from a major case of dementia.

LOL...I like that .
    Now...lets hope he (or someone) doesn't cry about it and the good soldiers in the pic gets a court martial....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Seeing that, it reminded me of another thing I saw on the web reminding us all what a jackass Kerry is.

JOB APPLICATION

NAME: John Kerry

RESIDENCE: 7 mansions, including one in Washington DC, worth multi-millions.

I served in Vietnam (four months).

EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement. In my career as a U.S. Senator, I've voted to cut every law enforcement, CIA, and Defense bill. I ordered the city of Boston to remove a fire hydrant in front of my mansion, thereby endangering my neighbors in the event of fire. I served in Vietnam (four months).

MILITARY:

I served in Vietnam (four months). I used three minor injuries to get an early discharge from the military and service in Vietnam (as documented by the attending doctor). I served in Vietnam (four months). I then returned to the U.S., joined Jane Fonda in protesting the war, and insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed atrocities and were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my medals, ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? My book "Vietnam Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about the military. I served in Vietnam (four months).

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been there ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying very rich women and running their companies vicariously through them. I served in Vietnam (four months).

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record, exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets, thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted for it.
    I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).

My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he will never catch up. I make little or no charitable contributions and have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts, despite family wealth in excess of $ 700 million. I served in Vietnam (four months).

I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper cost of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in Vietnam (four months).

Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served in Vietnam (four months).

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).

PERSONAL I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht the "Scarmouche".

I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it reflects our real culture.

I own several "Large" SUVs including one parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large, polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.
    Last edited by Todd; November 1st, 2006 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I served in Vietnam (four months).
    wow! he served in Vietnam, too? I hadn't heard!

VIP Member
    I so detest Kerry....to think he was a fellow military officer....yikes.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links